Prospect Info: Vitaly Abramov (RW)

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
IMO Abramov will likely be traded, there is no room for him on any future roster at LW or RW. Would love to see him & Brannstrom packaged with one of our goalies to acquire another 1st rd pick around 10th, to acquire Askarov.

That would seem to be terrible value. I can see why you want Askarov and we need to give to get but Brannstrom is still a top prospect, just about all our goalies have shown good development/promise (as well as putting time in) and Abramov has adapted to the pro game at the AHL level very well.

We could do far better than 1 draft pick for all those assets.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That would seem to be terrible value. I can see why you want Askarov and we need to give to get but Brannstrom is still a top prospect, just about all our goalies have shown good development/promise (as well as putting time in) and Abramov has adapted to the pro game at the AHL level very well.

We could do far better than 1 draft pick for all those assets.
Id probably trade Brannstrom and Abramov for 10th overall personally. Not a popular decision I am sure, but but id do it. I agree with Aragorn I dont see where Abramov fits in long term. I think at 10 the sens could walk away with a first line forward and I prefer Sanderson to Brannstrom too.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Id probably trade Brannstrom and Abramov for 10th overall personally. Not a popular decision I am sure, but but id do it. I agree with Aragorn I dont see where Abramov fits in long term. I think at 10 the sens could walk away with a first line forward and I prefer Sanderson to Brannstrom too.
Plus 1 on that trade. Would not think twice.

Reactions: aragorn

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

But how many teams are willing to trade said first line forward for Abramov and Brannstrom?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
But how many teams are willing to trade said first line forward for Abramov and Brannstrom?
Well I dont think its a guarantee, i think most years teams would trade 10th overall for Abramov and Brannstrom but this year has an elite 12 in my opinion. 12 players that warrant top 5 selections most seasons.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

I am more on board with this too, but not 3 assets to grab a goalie, great prospect or not.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I don't want to trade Abramov for any more picks/prospects (unless the deal is one sided af).

Let's see what we have in him as he's been decent in Belleville and it never hurts to have internally developed talent make the big team.

Reactions: Frank8

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
abramov is so underrated around these parts. he has all the tools to be an NHL top 6 forward

Exactly which tools are top 6 calibre? He's an alright player but nothing screams top 6 imo. I think he could be a sparkplug type playing a limited role for a short period of time.

Reactions: bert

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Exactly which tools are top 6 calibre? He's an alright player but nothing screams top 6 imo. I think he could be a sparkplug type playing a limited role for a short period of time.

His skill set is pretty well described in the linked article. I think the issue is that he's viewed as like the 7th best forward prospect plus all the young forwards already in Ottawa. It's easy to dismiss him as a top 6 option. It could be that he has a top 6 skill set AND still not be able to ever crack the sens top 6. I don't think this would be questioned as much if he was in a different prospect system

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Belleville is populated by a bunch of guys that could make a huge jump. While Abramov is not exactly one of my top prospects, it's perfectly believable he could become an impact player at the NHL level, and relatively quickly. Of course, it's also entirely possible he can't translate the success.

It will take time to figure out which players can and aren't able to improve at the top level. I do hope he gets a proper shot though.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
abramov is so underrated around these parts. he has all the tools to be an NHL top 6 forward
might lack some mature hockey iq. he's young though, so...
I like him at this point. Hopeful for him to turn into a good energy middle sixer

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
His skill set is pretty well described in the linked article. I think the issue is that he's viewed as like the 7th best forward prospect plus all the young forwards already in Ottawa. It's easy to dismiss him as a top 6 option. It could be that he has a top 6 skill set AND still not be able to ever crack the sens top 6. I don't think this would be questioned as much if he was in a different prospect system

Sure, you can say he has a top 6 skill set and that would be true but you also have to consider the likelihood of him reaching that level. For me I think it's pretty unlikely at this point. He's a skilled player but I question how much of that translates. I think he could be a useful player because of his motor but his foot speed just isn't very good.

Reactions: bert

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Sure, you can say he has a top 6 skill set and that would be true but you also have to consider the likelihood of him reaching that level. For me I think it's pretty unlikely at this point. He's a skilled player but I question how much of that translates. I think he could be a useful player because of his motor but his foot speed just isn't very good.

I think he might have stuck last year if not for concussion issues

Reactions: JungleBeat

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think he might have stuck last year if not for concussion issues

I dunno. He suffered a concussion in training camp. He was called up after 1 AHL game that but was sent down back down after 2 games. I don't recall concussions being an ongoing issue. He did miss some games mid season but I think it was a wrist injury. Davidsson has had concussion issues dating back to right around the time Ottawa traded for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad