Ruutu's preseaon

Status
Not open for further replies.

#37-#93-#27*

Look at some threads in the B-Hawks board, also would be better to ask there. :rolly:

Slowe

Feb 8, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
Check out this local paper's review of Ruutu after his game against St. Louis. It's very well written and can probably sums up about anything you'd read on him anywhere else. Also below you can find a short review written for blackhawkzone.com

http://www.dailyherald.com/search/main_story.asp?intID=37887122

Tuomo Ruutu – Game Grade: A-, First off, Wow! Ruutu is as advertised. He hits like a ton of bricks and he hits all the time. One of my favorite plays last night was when Jame Pollock on the Blues got a decent hit on Ruutu early in his shift. Ruutu waited until Pollock got the puck again and then he just destroyed him. It is very refreshing to see a player stick up for himself, especially when he does it within the rules of the game. Ruutu laid about 5 other high quality hits on opponents. I mean he hits and he hits hard. I loved seeing him smoke Jamal Mayers and then getting a penalty out of Mayers for retaliation. On top of all that he also scored a goal in his 2nd or 3rd shift of the game and had many other great scoring chances (either by himself or via a great pass). Unlike some other people I do have one small critique (and maybe I am being too nitpicky but that is just me I guess) and that critique is that he really seemed to tire as the game went on. I cannot remember any good hits he laid on a Blues player in the 3rd period. I am sure this is just conditioning but to get an A from me I need to see a consistent effort the whole game. But it is just a small complaint, he did play a tremendous game and he is as good as advertised. Physical Play: A+, no explanation necessary.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I am very excited about Ruutu. In fact, I haven't been this excited about a prospect since Kovalchuk. I hope he kicks major butt this season!

Wingboy2999

Feb 16, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
In the game against Dallas, Sullivan replaced Bell on what looked to be a #1 line. Ruutu was able to make plenty of space for the veteran duo with hard checks and physical play.

So does that mean there is a possibility for Ruutu playing #1 C?

Les Zarbites

Absolut said:
I am very excited about Ruutu. In fact, I haven't been this excited about a prospect since Kovalchuk. I hope he kicks major butt this season!

He has some pretty good offensive wingers to play with. I rank him very very high on the calder candidate list. I feel he has way more chances than any other prospects out there because he'll get important responsabilities and because his physical game will allow him to adapt to the NHL more easily.

I don't see Pitkanen as such a good candidate for the calder(even though he may be even better) because the flyers defense is really crowded.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Wingboy2999 said:
So does that mean there is a possibility for Ruutu playing #1 C?

its very possible, since zhamnov has been moaning about a minor injury this preseason. if he impresses, zhamnov may be forced onto the second line where he belongs.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Ruutu #1 Center in Chicago in his first NHL game? very unlikely. He should be tried on the third line to begin with, and to take advantage of all his different skills.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
He has plaayed the last few games with Daze and Sullivan and that line has created the most offense by far this preseason. He earlier played on a checking line with Niemenen and Bell.

Zhamnov has never developed any chemistry with Daze so there is a 50/50 chance he will be paired with Ruutu (or Arnason).

Sutter does not stick with the sames lines for long periods so my guess is Ruutu will probably alternate beteween the two lines I listed above. The Hawks will probably not have clearcut #1-2-3 lines this year and all of the top 3 lines will be somewhat interchangable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->