Ruutu's goal.... my favorite goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
wilka91 said:
I thought Kovalev's goal was sick even compared to Ruutu's.

Yeah but he only had to face the all mighty Tony Amonte, while Tuomo passed 2 "normal" players, a Norris Trophy winner and a Vezina Trophy winner.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
To surpass Amonte was half the deal because then Kovalev showed great patience with the puck to outplay defenseman and the goalie and then scored from bad angle.

As for which goal is more beautiful... to each his own... na vkus i tsvet kak govoritsya. Kovalev's goal mostly baised on stickhandling and Ruutu's on speed and dynamics, both goals look entertaining in their own way.

lux_interior

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
I always liked Doug Gilmour's behind the net, fake going one way, turn around the other way and put in a wrap around goal in the 93 playoffs against ???. I'm sure a Maple Leaf fan can fill in the details.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
cyclops said:
I'm rested......How about Mario's goal against Quebec where he carries two players on his back while they are hooking the hell out of him and still takes it all the way to beat the goalie on a breakaway,unbelieveable goal,wonder if anyone remembers it??

I remember seeing that one on highlights. Pittsburgh was short-handed, and Mario stole the puck at is own blue-line. He skated the length of the ice with the defenceman, basically next to him, pitchforking him all the way towards the net. He skated through the contant hook and made a little deke at the last instant leaving the goalie on his back. Amazing strength and skill. Good call on that one.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
LetsGoPens63 said:
Don't remember when it was, although I should.. but the Jagr goal from the early 90's I think, where he was tripped or something, but he was flat on his stomach and still managed to roof one past the goalie. Amazing goal..

Not sure, but you may talking about the one where Jagr was charging at the net, then was tripped up with the puck popping in the air. He was sliding behind the net and swiped his stick at the puck out of mid air into the net. Incredible concentration and skill.

Anybody ever see Pete Mahovolich's goal on tape from the 72 summit series (2nd or 3rd game).
Paul Henderson also scored one of the prettiest goals ever in game 5 or 6. Rent that 72 series video and have a look. Damn amazing. :banana:

espo*

mpdman said:
I remember seeing that one on highlights. Pittsburgh was short-handed, and Mario stole the puck at is own blue-line. He skated the length of the ice with the defenceman, basically next to him, pitchforking him all the way towards the net. He skated through the contant hook and made a little deke at the last instant leaving the goalie on his back. Amazing strength and skill. Good call on that one.
It was an amazing goal by a guy who sure scored a lot of them.Wish i had it on tape.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
lux_interior said:
I always liked Doug Gilmour's behind the net, fake going one way, turn around the other way and put in a wrap around goal in the 93 playoffs against ???. I'm sure a Maple Leaf fan can fill in the details.

Even as a Habs fan I can appreciate that goal. It was against Curtis Joseph (in game 1 of the series I think). Cujo stole the series before against the Hawks, and was playing unconscious the whole playoff. In OT, Gilmour had the puck behind the net, and I remember the Bob Cole call well. He goes, "Gilmour... waiting, waiting... Gilmour still with it, circles the net... Scores (PANDEMONIUM ENSUES)."

Then Harry Neale goes, "The best player, ends the best game, in the best fashion."

I get goosebumps when I see that, because I remember seeing it on TV at home when it happened. All this, and I hate the Leafs with a passion.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Slay said:
To surpass Amonte was half the deal because then Kovalev showed great patience with the puck to outplay defenseman and the goalie and then scored from bad angle.

I thought Amonte was the d-man in that play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad