Confirmed with Link: Russo Traded to Coyotes for Cond. 7th Rd in 2019

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Is such a trade even allowed? I mean, if he plays 29 matches. He's contributed for them for 29 matches and then Red Wings should get nothing for that?

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah, they are spot opening moves. Renouf let walk, Ouellet bought out, Russo traded.

NHL
DeKeyser - XXX (Green, possible another UFA or Faulk-trade)
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen
7. Hicketts

Xavier Ouellet - bought out

I'm 100% sure Hicketts will be up, because he won't go through waivers. Sulak, Hronek, Cholowski, all waiver-free guys will start from Griffins.

Griffins:

LD Libor Sulak --- RD Filip Hronek
LD Dennis Cholowski -- RD Dylan McIlrath
LD Brian Lashoff ( C ) -- RD Vili Saarijärvi

Dan Renouf - let walk
Robbie Russo - traded
Hicketts won’t need to clear waivers until the 2019-20 season.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Is such a trade even allowed? I mean, if he plays 29 matches. He's contributed for them for 29 matches and then Red Wings should get nothing for that?
Conditional trades based on games played happen all the time.

If he plays 29 games, we get nothing.

Most recently I remember we traded for McCollum for a conditional 7th, he didn't play in the neecessary amount of games so we kept our 2018 7th and drafted Otto Kivenmaki.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Ouellet is making $1,250,000 as a RFA with arbitration. No one wants to pay that. Russo is making half that.

It's also way less than half if Russo plays most of the year in the AHL. He's on a two-way that pays $250k at the AHL level with a $275k guarantee.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I know, but usually the conditions are up or down in terms of which round a pick is. Not, a pick or not a pick. I thought there needed to be value going each way.

I don't think it's that uncommon. When the Red Wings traded Kent Huskins in 2013, it was for a conditional 7th or nothing based on if he re-signed with the Flyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad