Confirmed with Link: Russo Traded to Coyotes for Cond. 7th Rd in 2019

Larkin1578

Jun 22, 2015
I'm not understanding cleaning house with the defense...first Ouellet now Russo. Maybe because both for sure weren't making it to Detroit full time any time soon? Clearly not cap saving moves.

Maybe Sulak, Hicketts or Villijarvi are coming up?

shanman

Jun 23, 2018
a part of me is a bit worried about all the roster space opening up in GR....and maybe thinking holland really does bring back Green and we somehow keep the same crap defense we had last year with all 6 major players returning instead of promoting hicketts to actual game time instead of cabana duty and having open spot for guy like hronek.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Necessary move.

Defence in GR?

McIlrath, Sulak and Lashoff for the veteran presence. Hicketts, Cholowski, Hronek and Saarijarvi the younger guys who will fight for roster spots.

Renouf is an RFA at this stage.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Good luck to Robbie. Hope he can get some consistent playing time in Arizona.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm not understanding cleaning house with the defense...first Ouellet now Russo. Maybe because both for sure weren't making it to Detroit full time any time soon? Clearly not cap saving moves.

Yeah, they are spot opening moves. Renouf let walk, Ouellet bought out, Russo traded.

NHL
DeKeyser - XXX (Green, possible another UFA or Faulk-trade)
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen
7. Hicketts

Xavier Ouellet - bought out

I'm 100% sure Hicketts will be up, because he won't go through waivers. Sulak, Hronek, Cholowski, all waiver-free guys will start from Griffins.

Griffins:

LD Libor Sulak --- RD Filip Hronek
LD Dennis Cholowski -- RD Dylan McIlrath
LD Brian Lashoff ( C ) -- RD Vili Saarijärvi

Dan Renouf - let walk
Robbie Russo - traded

Reactions: Larkin1578

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
A bit weird how Russo was able to get a drat pick (albeit a 7th) and Ouellet has to be bought out.

shanman

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, they are spot opening moves. Renouf let walk, Ouellet bought out, Russo traded.

NHL
DeKeyser - XXX (Green, possible another UFA or Faulk-trade)
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen
7. Hicketts

Xavier Ouellet - bought out

I'm 100% sure Hicketts will be up, because he won't go through waivers. Sulak, Hronek, Cholowski, all waiver-free guys will start from Griffins.

Griffins:

LD Libor Sulak --- RD Filip Hronek
LD Dennis Cholowski -- RD Dylan McIlrath
LD Brian Lashoff ( C ) -- RD Vili Saarijärvi

Dan Renouf - let walk
Robbie Russo - traded
ugghh if we bring back green and go into year with same defense i will be so frustrated. It's like at some point we have to bring up guys from grand rapids and give them a shot.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Need room in GR even if 1 or 2 kids make the Wings out of camp. Russo had some potential but in the end didn’t show enough progress.

11 picks next year already

AA and Nyquist will also probably be moved eh
Do we know what the conditions on the pick are?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
A bit weird how Russo was able to get a drat pick (albeit a 7th) and Ouellet has to be bought out.

Ouellet is making $1,250,000 as a RFA with arbitration. No one wants to pay that. Russo is making half that.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Good, clear up space in GR for the young guys. Excited for Saarijarvi to have a consistent spot.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He actually played decent minutes in GR. Moving him clears space for |CHolowski, Hronek and Saarjarvi to get decent minutes (one of which will probably be with the big club)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->