russians yelling in the camera

NiagaraGirl

Hockey Canada fan :)
the Russians

As hard as it is to lose, I had to smile at how very excited those kids were. More power to them. They deserved to enjoy every last second of their victory. They earned that gold and I know a lot of Canadians have said the same. I was happy to see most of the Canadians stayed in the arena and gave a cheer for the Russians at the end. They deserved it.

To my fellow Canadians: it looks like the legendary hockey rivalry of years past with Russia is now back on only now we also have the States and Sweden to deal with too. Should make things increasingly interesting. I just hope that next year our juniors aren't so psyched up to beat the Russians that they overlook the threat of another potential hockey foe. ;) I would note that the Russian hockey fan from old Stalingrad who I met online the night that Canada played the States was rooting for Canada and sure enough he said it was because the Russians wanted to be up against Canada in the final. Old rivalries die hard. ;)

On a surprising and endearing note, he has posted some wonderful stuff about our team and about our game on my page and today surprised me by making up a special personalized graphic just for me to honour Canadian hockey and Canadian fans. What a wonderful and kind thing to do. Have to admit that it surprised me so much that I shed a few tears as it's been a low day for me as I'm sure it has been for many Canadians. Again, congratulations to Russia, they more than earned this gold and I look forward to future hockey battles with them. ;)

saveourpens

Jul 3, 2006
Pittsburgh
the only mom talk was shout outs to their moms or mama rasiya. Aside from the regular stuff one of the guys said "without the union!" as in they did it by themselves, just Russia with no CCCP.

NiagaraGirl

Hockey Canada fan :)
the only mom talk was shout outs to their moms or mama rasiya. Aside from the regular stuff one of the guys said "without the union!" as in they did it by themselves, just Russia with no CCCP.

Ya I was wondering if they perhaps referring to "mother Russia"? I used to actually study Russian years ago in school but I have unfortunately forgotten all but a few words and phrases.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Don Cherry knows what they said, and he aint happy...;)

Don cherry and Cameron is married with kids. They have a house and everything. They were sayin " Don Cherry i know youre a big kid and you re crying tonight" Something like that.

Hockeynomad

Sep 10, 2007
Toronto
I did observe the first dude to step up to camera, it started out "Yankee Doodle...".

Perhaps he was exclaiming we got those Americans (includes canadians) , we are considered Americans to many europeans and russians.

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
I was happy for them winning, it was notated during the broadcast that this is the first time the game was going to be shown live in Russia (usually its a delayed broadcast) so that is exciting for those kids to able to say hello to family live after the win.

Congratulations Russia, definately earned that win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad