Russians seem to have short memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Mr. Hab said:
To tell you the truth...I wish Czech Republic and Slovakia would just get together again (so much more talent if they were united again.

Do they want to? You have to visit their discussion boards during one of the tourneys. It's funy how they go at each other. "kurva" seems to be the key word there :eek:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Den said:
Do they want to? You have to visit their discussion boards during one of the tourneys. It's funy how they go at each other. "kurva" seems to be the key word there :eek:

kurva...!!! yeah!! I'm familiar with that one!! (I think it's a dirtier version of prostitute...or it's the "F" word...).

Bulis (Czech Republic) and Zednik (Slovakia) have said in an interview (together) that they feel they are like brothers even if one comes from Slovakia and the other from Czech Republic, etc... they kind of said it's the same thing, except for boundaries/map...it was good to see the both of them say that...

Canada is lucky to have so much talent but we're also lucky that our provinces are staying together...for example I would never want Quebec or British Columbia to separate from Canada... we also have more talented players combining and playing for ONE country...

I wish the same for Russia, Belarussia, Kazhakstan, etc...it would make for a more talented team (not that Russia isn't talented enough already!! ;)).

Anyways...enough wishing for one night!! I'll go to sleep soon!! It's late here where I am!! Maybe I'm wrong but I still think it's Russia gold 15 medals, Canada 12...!!! :dunno: ok, ok...enough!!

I'll admit one thing...you guys have super talent and I do appreciate "Russian" style hockey (also Czech, Slovakian, Swedish, Finnish styles!!). I think the greatest Canadian hockey players (Mario Lemieux & Wayne Gretzky) have/had a combination of Canadian and European style hockey. No? They were about talent, finesse, hockey smarts more than anything else...

Allright...goodnight!!

See you guys (Russia) next year!! ;)

Macman

May 15, 2004
Den said:
That's your problems. Are you gonna hit our boys less because they have jetleg??

See, we all can find excuse. For instance, I can hypothetically counter this by saying that Canada was so succesfull in early-mid 90 because Russia was wallowing in crap, the economy was in shambles, and the hockey system was destroyed, hockey was matter #10000 on their minds, and blah-blah-blah. But I won't - who cares what we were doing, Canada was very succeful at that time. And on this note, let me keep our early, Memorial Cup era, multiple golds. Don't take me wrong, of course Canada can win it anywhere. Or not, for that matter.

I don't disagree. It was our problem. It was stupid to send club teams to the world juniors. All I'm saying is your little math exercise doesn't tell the whole story. Europeans have this stereotype about Canada that we can't win anywhere but on small ice and you are just the latest to raise it again by suggesting that, boy, wait until next year when you get on big ice. As you've finally just admitted, Canada can win anywhere. We've won 23 world senior championships and not one has been on small ice.

And as for not using Russia's economic problems as an excuse, I think you just did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad