Russian_Fanatic's Mock Draft: With Comments!

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Russian_fanatic said:
I meant height wise. Guerin is like 6'4 isn't he? But he is more muscular than Guerin.

Guerin is 6'2 210pds.

Anyway, whatever it doesn't matter. Interesting mock.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I like Marcinko going to the Wings, but I'm hoping they can get him in the second. If their European scouts think he's worth it, though, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The Maltais Falcon

Jan 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Russian_fanatic said:
12. Atlanta
Pick: Nigel Williams

Atlanta needs defensive help with their prospect, because after Coburn their really isn't anything after that.

Comparision: Kyle McLaren
The strength of Atlanta's prospect pool is probably defensemen and goalies. All things being equal, the Thrashers will almost certainly lean towards drafting a skilled forward prospect. If there were a bunch of good blueline prospects in this draft, I could maybe see Atlanta overlooking their needs, but the draft is top-heavy with forwards and I can't see the Thrashers not taking one of them. If the top eleven pan out the way you projected, look for Atlanta to take James Sheppard or Bryan Little.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Colt.45Orr said:
Guerin is 6'2 210pds.

Anyway, whatever it doesn't matter. Interesting mock.

Weird, then I guess Guerin is the perfect comparision. I thought Guerin was 6-4.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I'd crap my pants if the Canucks selected Sheppard. I would love to see him wearing a Canucks jersey and since I'm not expecting him to fall, it would be like Christmas in June for Canuck fans. :jump:

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Jovofan said:
I'd crap my pants if the Canucks selected Sheppard. I would love to see him wearing a Canucks jersey and since I'm not expecting him to fall, it would be like Christmas in June for Canuck fans. :jump:

I can actually see it happening.

Randall Graves*

Does anyone else think Johnson is being overrated because of the weak D year? Not bashing him but wouldn't be surprised to top out at a chris phillips type level..

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
RallyKiller said:
Does anyone else think Johnson is being overrated because of the weak D year? Not bashing him but wouldn't be surprised to top out at a chris phillips type level..

Chris Phillips was also a first overall, but I think Johnson is pretty close to being a sure top pairing d-man for a long time.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
RallyKiller said:
not at all, he is going to be a stud. What is particularly amazing is the fact he is only 17/18 and already is a great skater at that size. Usually d-men have to work hard at improving their skating, especially being so big.

Randall Graves*

jtuzzi said:
not at all, he is going to be a stud. What is particularly amazing is the fact he is only 17/18 and already is a great skater at that size. Usually d-men have to work hard at improving their skating, especially being so big.
You're right but what I'm saying is the lack of high end D prospects this year just makes you wonder if this is a Chris Phillips type deal.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
RallyKiller said:
You're right but what I'm saying is the lack of high end D prospects this year just makes you wonder if this is a Chris Phillips type deal.

Not at all. EJ IMO is comparbale with JJ, Dion, Joni, and JayBo.

Jack Splat

Apr 8, 2006
Hershey, PA
I love reading these mocks, and I can't criticize any of the picks because I haven't seen too many of these players, but some of your logic seems off. You say that Chicago takes the BPA in Kessel, and then say that the next team takes the BPA, but that you have him rated higher than Kessel. So who's the BPA? Then you say that you're amazed that Staal drops to the following pick. Why are you amazed if you don't think that he's better than the ones taken before him?

Or are you just expecting that every team will use the tired "BPA" and "we're amazed he fell so far" cliches to justify whomever they pick?

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Jack Splat said:
I love reading these mocks, and I can't criticize any of the picks because I haven't seen too many of these players, but some of your logic seems off. You say that Chicago takes the BPA in Kessel, and then say that the next team takes the BPA, but that you have him rated higher than Kessel. So who's the BPA? Then you say that you're amazed that Staal drops to the following pick. Why are you amazed if you don't think that he's better than the ones taken before him?

Or are you just expecting that every team will use the tired "BPA" and "we're amazed he fell so far" cliches to justify whomever they pick?

I'm trying to make a realistic mock. Players fall and stuff, and I'm using that teams POV(teams have different views of who is the better player).

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Jack Splat said:

Russian Fanatic can probably explain it better... but teams also have a different idea of who is the best player available.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Patrick said:
I love the setup but Jonathan Bernier is exactly the type of goalie Jay Feaster doesn't like.

IMO Bernier can become a very good goalie this league. He has very good positioning. His glove hand will get better in time. Very smart goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->