U16: Russian U16 player breaks hockey stick over her opponent's helmet

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-...-helmet-in-wicked-slash--video-215134602.html

The 2014 World Selects Invitational hockey tournament was held in Budapest, Hungary, last week, and for the third straight year in a row, the U16 Girls division was won by the West Coast Selects, a team comprised of American teenagers.

But it's not the threepeat that's making headlines. It's a video of West Coast Selects defender Hannah Bates, from Michigan, taking a two-handed slash to the back of the head. The slash, from Svetlana Starovoytova of Russia's Spartak team, is so hard that the stick breaks over Bates' helmet and makes a horrific THWAP that echoes around the arena.

Wow.....I don't really know what to say about this.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Jeez, hope he's okay after that. Stupid play by the young Russian, maybe he was frustrated but don't try to seriously injure a player for god sakes, ref went to the scrum before the injured player which is surprising. Did they not see him get hit or something?

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Jeez, hope he's okay after that. Stupid play by the young Russian, maybe he was frustrated but don't try to seriously injure a player for god sakes, ref went to the scrum before the injured player which is surprising. Did they not see him get hit or something?

She/she... girls game.

Women's hockey is violent! :amazed:

Also she's probably fine. Full helmet/cage etc. There's some bad spots it could hit but not likely.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com

The scary part is that they are females :P

This is U16 girls international hockey :P

AFTeRMaTH*

I dont know why the other girls didnt drop that girl after that.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
957945c0-1db0-11e4-9198-176f33a41a33_Screen-Shot-2014-08-06-at-2-26-22-PM.png

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Women everything (sports related) tends to be nastier than men.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

If she had stayed in the kitchen, like she was supposed to, this wouldn't have happened!

^^^^ Made me smile...

One night, a few years back, I was calling BINGO for charity - it was a 4 day event. Half way thru the night, I announced:

"Over the last 4 nights we have generated a lot of dirty dishes in the back of the carnival. And, as we all know, dishes are women's work so if some of you would like to stick around afterwards and clean up, I think we would all appreciate it."

It got ugly fast. Nothing scarier than BINGO women.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
^^^^ Made me smile...

One night, a few years back, I was calling BINGO for charity - it was a 4 day event. Half way thru the night, I announced:

"Over the last 4 nights we have generated a lot of dirty dishes in the back of the carnival. And, as we all know, dishes are women's work so if some of you would like to stick around afterwards and clean up, I think we would all appreciate it."

It got ugly fast. Nothing scarier than BINGO women.

giphy.gif

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
They should sue, and would be a pretty easy win.

I don't care if it's anger or not, this girl needs to be on a long probation, she is only 16 so she is lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->