Russian Team roster to be announced...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Man, get 5 bucks, go out, and buy yourself a life :lol

No seriously, it's a WJC, and it hasn't even started yet. When you'll have the roster, it won't give you the results!!!

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
So we can say that Salnikov will probably not make it, and Lyamin also looks like he won't make it, but we were prepared for that. So they should announce it in about 6 hours from now right?

Lord

Russian roster was announced today.
Goalkeepers: Khudobin, Kuznetsov.
Defenders: Vorobiev, Panin, Emelin, Megalinsky, Rylov, Misharin, Belov, Ezhov.
Forwards: Malkin, Pestunov, Ovechkin, Parshin, Nikulin, Shirokov, Lisin, Radulov, Voloshenko, Yunkov, Galimov, Shafigulin, Salnikov.
Reserve: Aksenenko, Romanov

Nice team, but I wonder where are Pervyshin and Glazachev? :dunno:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Lord said:
Forwards: Malkin, Pestunov, Ovechkin, Parshin, Nikulin, Shirokov, Lisin, Radulov, Voloshenko, Yunkov, Galimov, Shafigulin, Salnikov.

I can't understand why Khomutov wasn't picked. I don't think NJ would be the type of team that wouldn't allow a player to go. Khomutov is part of the 2nd line though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lord said:

That's one player too many, no? I assume one of those 8 defensemen will be cut. :dunno:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Lord said:

That looks like a pretty strong team. Not as good as their crazy 2003 gold medal team, but better than last year's one.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Radulov apparently impressed the Russian committee picking the team, considering he wasn't even required to attend the camp. He was by far the best Russian in the Re-Max challenge in the games he played...and I'm not really sure where you're getting that he's a selfish player. From everything I've read from the Remparts, he's actually one of the hardest working players on the team. I think that, if anything, like an earlier poster said sometimes snipers...particularly Russian snipers...get pegged with that mantle whether they deserve it or not. I'm personally excited to see him play, this WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad