Russian Selects vs WHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
slats432 said:
As far as I am concerned, Weber set the tone for the game. For the first few shifts he was very physical(Along with Phaneuf) and after that the Russians seemed very tentative in their own zone.

The WHL defense was stellar. There was only one guy that looked out of place, and that was Jeff Schultz.(Seabrook had a slow start but came on as the game went on.)
OT: Why did your username change back to slats432? You're still a part of the HF staff, I hope.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
flyers guy said:
OT: Why did your username change back to slats432? You're still a part of the HF staff, I hope.
Sorry my friend...I am off the payroll. :D

Speeds...Tesliuk would get an incomplete rating on a game like this. There was too much firepower on the WHL to actually guage one player.(Except Mikhailishin who was terrible and has been every game.)

Although Darryl Sutter did ooh and ahh at a nice play by Seabrook in the first....

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
neelynugs said:
can anyone comment on versteeg's play for me? thanks... :)

awesome imo, relentless forechecking and energy, played very well along the boards controlling the puck behind the russia net. he had another very solid game tonight, great role player

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
just wondering how they could leave off guys like stone and fehr from the wjc team. stone is leading the whl in pts is he not? fehr is also in the top 5 i believe.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Dark Metamorphosis said:
just wondering how they could leave off guys like stone and fehr from the wjc team. stone is leading the whl in pts is he not? fehr is also in the top 5 i believe.

Extremely deep team with tons of high end talent and a several returning players. There just isn't room for all the great players. I really hope Fehr and Stone both make it, but I'm not so sure.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
slats432 said:
As far as I am concerned, Weber set the tone for the game. For the first few shifts he was very physical(Along with Phaneuf) and after that the Russians seemed very tentative in their own zone.

The WHL defense was stellar. There was only one guy that looked out of place, and that was Jeff Schultz.(Seabrook had a slow start but came on as the game went on.)

I thought Russell struggled on the defensive side of the puck. Got beat twice wide where he had to take a penalty and was letting Russians behind him several times during the game on fast breaks. He had 2 pts though.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Dark Metamorphosis said:

I have a feeling Stone could work his way in as a 4th line centre (becasue he plays the gritty game). His all around style will help him alot as he is a Sutter type of player. As for Fehr, he just might be a victim of too many scorers already being on the team.

My bold prediction for a 4th line is Fehr--Stone--Meyer though.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Roughneck said:
I have a feeling Stone could work his way in as a 4th line centre (becasue he plays the gritty game). His all around style will help him alot as he is a Sutter type of player. As for Fehr, he just might be a victim of too many scorers already being on the team.

My bold prediction for a 4th line is Fehr--Stone--Meyer though.
You can never have enough scorers on a team. If Fehr is physical and good enough defensivly....use him on the fourth line. He has the size. Iwould rather a Colliton/Dixon/? 4th line though. They are troopers that would be great defensivly.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
speeds said:
any thoughts on Tesliuk last night, never had a chance to see the game, but wondering how he did for the Russians?
He didn't do much and at times looked completly overmatched against the WHL. That said most of the Russians looked that way.
Fehr and Stone should make the WJC team but will they? I have my doubts. Keep in Mind Stone is also a very very good shut down forward.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
J17ster said:
Won't happen. I think Stone and Meyer have little chances of making it even tough they probably deserve to.

Will happen. I think Stone and Meyer have good chances of making it probably because they deserve to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->