Russian Selects vs WHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
After Crosby got hurt, this became the main event of this series. Should be an excellent game tonight. I'm very much looking forward to watching the WHL team, they have a ton of talent and look to be the strongest of the CHL teams by a good margin.

It's pretty much the WJHC defense - Phanuef, Barker, Seabrook etc.

They are also stacked up front with Nigel Dawes, Ryan Stone, Eric Fehr, Ryan Getzlaf.

Prediction WHL 6 Russia 1

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Don_Cherry said:
After Crosby got hurt, this became the main event of this series. Should be an excellent game tonight. I'm very much looking forward to watching the WHL team, they have a ton of talent and look to be the strongest of the CHL teams by a good margin.

They are also stacked up front with Nigel Dawes, Ryan Stone, Eric Fehr, Ryan Getzlaf.

What are you talking about, nobody cares about WHL vs Russia any more then OHL vs Russia or QMJHL vs Russia.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Wally112pac said:
I don't think the Russians have a chance.

Shhhhhhh says Anthony Stewart.

Who would he be shutting up? His 'home' crowd? How about some originality ;)

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
What are you talking about, nobody cares about WHL vs Russia any more then OHL vs Russia or QMJHL vs Russia.

NOBODY? I find it hard to believe you'd know every single person's thoughts on the matter.

Anyone who likes to watch prospect defensemen might care more about the WHL matches as the WHL has most of the top end defensive prospects in the CHL. That's just one example of why a person might be more interested in this series.

Why don't you go ahead and not try and tell us what we're all thinking. Chances are you don't know.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:

Ok. Good work. This thread is a better place after your contribution.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:

The WHL has like 29 players on it's roster, so it's highly unlikely that they will play there top 20 in one game. Some will play tonight and some will play tomorrow. I believe Barker, Russell and Nastiuk will not play tonight, but MaCarthur and Meyer will. That is just one example. I don't know if Nigel Dawes is playing in both games either with his team on a US road trip.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Chaos said:
Who would he be shutting up? His 'home' crowd? How about some originality ;)

It's not about being original. Doing something stupid to show off would be every bit as classless as Shirikov was. Rubbing it in his face by showing him how stupid he looked, especially after completely dominating him and making him look like a fool all game and scoring the goal that made the game officially a 'rout' was perfect. Good for him.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Don_Cherry said:
It's not about being original. Doing something stupid to show off would be every bit as classless as Shirikov was. Rubbing it in his face by showing him how stupid he looked, especially after completely dominating him and making him look like a fool all game and scoring the goal that made the game officially a 'rout' was perfect. Good for him.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought Shirokov did that after scoring in a win against the QMJHL....am I wrong? And Stewart(or anyone else on the WHL team) doing that would be idiotic....they are essentially playing at home. If they were in Russia and Shirokov had never done it, then it would be just as hilarious.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Flames Draft Watcher said:
NOBODY? I find it hard to believe you'd know every single person's thoughts on the matter.

Anyone who likes to watch prospect defensemen might care more about the WHL matches as the WHL has most of the top end defensive prospects in the CHL. That's just one example of why a person might be more interested in this series.

Why don't you go ahead and not try and tell us what we're all thinking. Chances are you don't know.
I guess you also know what what percent of canada would prefer a west game over an ohl game or a qmjhl game. This thread is beyond stupid. I am sure people who follow 2005 draft elligible prospects would rather the OHL and QMJHL games because there was a good amount of those players on the teams.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
This site is a better place without western biast homers.

Hey buddy, I've been to as many Q games in my life as Dub games.

Calling me a western biast homer is pretty lame. You don't know anything about me and I sure as hell wasn't trying to make any kind of statement. I'm just a hockey fan looking forward to watching a good game. Grow up and get over your insecurities.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
i'm going to LOVVVE these two games. russians snuck out with two lame shootout wins in quebec, got roughed up in ontario, and now are going to receive a beating out west...

ahh.. this will be sweet

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Would any kind Canadians be willing to tape the two WHL games and send them to me, i'd be willing to cover the cost of shipping, tapes, and also throw in 5 or 10 bucks for your trouble!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
For those of you who have never seen it before, trust me when I say you are in for a treat when you see Eric Fehr release a snap shot. It's a thing of beauty.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Captain Conservative said:
Would any kind Canadians be willing to tape the two WHL games and send them to me, i'd be willing to cover the cost of shipping, tapes, and also throw in 5 or 10 bucks for your trouble!

Sorry, don't have a VCR otherwise I'd hook you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad