Russian Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just wanted to say that I got the draft guide from Russianprospects.com, and it was well done, reasonable price and I got it very quickly. So if your looking for info on Russian prospects from this draft, check it out. It's got 25 profiles and also grades from the U-18's. :handclap:

After watching 5 of the 6 remax games I was impressed with a few Russian players, Belov (shame he opted out) and Markarov, who seemed to have some nice moves and a wicked shot. Too bad they didn't send Yemelin or Shirkov who I'd like to see the Habs take a shot on. I've seen Parshin, don't know how he would fare in North America, but he could make an interesting pick if he's opted in (as I assume he has). Borisov and Mikhaylishin might make good later picks although I haven't seen either.

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
montreal said:
Just wanted to say that I got the draft guide from Russianprospects.com, and it was well done, reasonable price and I got it very quickly. So if your looking for info on Russian prospects from this draft, check it out. It's got 25 profiles and also grades from the U-18's. :handclap:

After watching 5 of the 6 remax games I was impressed with a few Russian players, Belov (shame he opted out) and Markarov, who seemed to have some nice moves and a wicked shot. Too bad they didn't send Yemelin or Shirkov who I'd like to see the Habs take a shot on. I've seen Parshin, don't know how he would fare in North America, but he could make an interesting pick if he's opted in (as I assume he has). Borisov and Mikhaylishin might make good later picks although I haven't seen either.

Does anyone know if it's not too late to order it and get it before the draft?

RussianProspects

Feb 14, 2003
www.russianprospects.com
Thanks for the kind words. If you order today (Monday), the guide would likely be shipped the same day and would probably get to you before the draft if you are in Canada or the US.

Last edited:

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
RussianProspects said:
Thanks for the kind words. If you order today (Monday), the guide would likely be shipped the same day and would probably get to you before the draft if you are in Canada or the US.

Thanks, I ended up placing an order for one last night.

Soyuz

Dec 8, 2003
Visit site
Just got an answer from a source in Magnitgorosk - he is not related to Sergei Makarov. Makarov is actually a pretty common last name in Russia.

leafaholix*

Soyuz said:
Just got an answer from a source in Magnitgorosk - he is not related to Sergei Makarov. Makarov is actually a pretty common last name in Russia.
Are you sure?

I'm 100% they made a comment on Sportsnet (TV) that one of the players on the Russian team is the son of a former NHL'er.

EDIT: Could have been Alexei Krutov.

CH Wizard

Guys if what is your ranking for the top 20 russians prospects for the 2004 draft this is my rankings what is your ???

Top 20 Russian Prospects for me:
#1:Alexander Ovechkin, C

#2:Evgeni Malkin, C

#3:Alexander Radulov, RW

#4:Enver Lisin, RW

#5:Roman Voloshenko, LW

#6:Kirill Lyamin, D

#7:Viktor Alexandrov, RW

#8:Mihail Yunkov, C

#9:Alexei Yemelin, D

#10: Dmitri Megalinsky, D

#11: Denis Parshin, RW

#12:Sergei Ogorodnikov, C

#13: Dmitri Vorobiev, D

#14:Alexander Plyuschev, C

#15:Sergei Shirokov, LW

#16:Alexander Nikulin, C

#17:Sergei Karetin, D

#18:Konstantin Makarov, LW

#19:Ivan Amakhin, D

#20:Anton Dubinin, LW

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's hard to do cause I've only seen 4 of these guys play (Ovechkin, Malkin, Parshin, Makarov)

But I'd guess and say

1. AO
2. Malkin
3. Radulov
4. Voloshenko
5. Lisin
6. Lyamin
7. Alexandrov
8. Yemelin
9 Megalinsky
10 Yunkov
11 Vorobiev
12 Parshin
13 Shirokov
14 Ogorodnikov
15 Plyuschev
16 Makarov
17 Nikulin
18 Amakhin
19 Dubinin
20 Mikhaylishin

HM Shitikov, Borisov, Nikitin

That's not what RP has, just changed what I guess how I could see the list. Having not seen hardly any, it's a shot in the dark for me.

Soyuz

Dec 8, 2003
Visit site
It was Krutov - who is the son of Krutov. Makarov is not a relative of Sergei Makarov.

Leafaholix said:
Are you sure?

I'm 100% they made a comment on Sportsnet (TV) that one of the players on the Russian team is the son of a former NHL'er.

EDIT: Could have been Alexei Krutov.

Soyuz

Dec 8, 2003
Visit site
Yeah - those lists are pretty consistant. MIkhaylishin is a bit of an unknown quantity. He is boosted because of his immense size, but he hasn't gotten too much else.......but 20 is a good spot for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad