Russian players for the 2015 NHL Draft?

cato0009

Sep 12, 2011
Ive had to tough finding any information for the 97 age group and it would be greatly appreciated if somebody could give me a list of potential names from russia for the 2015 draft. So far the only name of heard of is Yevgeni Svechnikov, who is a late 96 born player. Basically Im just trying to put together some rankings for the 2015 draft and its kinda hard to do without knowing who alot of the top players from Russia are lol Anyways, any info will help. In my opinion the NA 2015 draft crop is looking really good and Im hoping the same is for Russia?

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
The best 1997 forwards are:

Artur Tyanullin
Alexander Zhebelev
Denis Yan
Nikita Korestelev
Mikhail Byakin
Arseny Eltyshev
Ivan Emets

cato0009

Sep 12, 2011
The best 1997 forwards are:

Artur Tyanullin
Alexander Zhebelev
Denis Yan
Nikita Korestelev
Mikhail Byakin
Arseny Eltyshev
Ivan Emets
Okay great, thanks for the responses! Could you give me some more info on these players youve listed?. Like where do they play, who has the most potential...etc? How good is this crop of russian players in expected tp be compared to previous years?

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Okay great, thanks for the responses! Could you give me some more info on these players youve listed?. Like where do they play, who has the most potential...etc? How good is this crop of russian players in expected tp be compared to previous years?

Artur Tyanullin: Region Povolzhie with Ak Bars (1997)
Alexander Zhebelev: Region Moscow with Dynamo (1997)
Denis Yan: Dont know where exactly, but in the USA
Nikita Korestelev: Midget AAA in Ontario with Toronto
Mikhail Byakin: Region Moscow with Bely Medvedi (1997)
Arseny Eltyshev: Region Ural with Avtomobilist (1997)
Ivan Emets: Region Sibir with Metallurg (1997)

I can't describe them and give you who has the more potential, I will see them play next year. I will give you a website that show some stats of them if you click on the name.

http://r-hockey.ru/team.asp?CurrentTournier=5583&Team=71&language=e

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
We need another Nichushkin so the Canucks can make up. I can't believe Gillis didn't draft him, now having McCann it looks like him and Horvat are going to have to battle for 2C when the time comes.

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
This Alexander Georgiev might be a surprise name for the draft. He really came under the radar and practically just started his pro careed, but despite to that he still currently plays in Finnish Elite League for TPS Turku, where most of his games have been in TPS juniors. But now he's been promoted to mens team where he has played two games already.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=262640

His coach btw is Fredrik Norrena, former NHL goalie from CBJ. Also lots of great finnish goalies have played for Turku, including Kiprusoff (Kipper) so the organization also has good environment and legacy to support his development.

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Any talented defense man ? Because more forwards and goalies is not what Russia needs at all...

Provorov looks very talented. :) You can never have too much forward and goalie prospects too, because if you look back at the prospects of last 5 years, not too many of them actually made it to the level that we would like to see from them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad