Russian Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
If winning were the top priority for the Russians Zherdev would already be on the team. His battle with the RIHF means he'll be blackballed for the forseeable future.

They'll continue with the politics and take Russian league players. I'm thinking Morozov for sure and then some suprises, maybe Malkin, Mikhnov, Zinoviev...

Buya89

Aug 11, 2004
Russia
KAKOY PAZOR!!!!

I cannot believe my fellow russians.... They have no pride or honor at all anymore... very disturbing... No wonder our country is in such shape now it all starts with little things.. like athletes turning the opportunity to play for motherland!! I guess Team RUSSIA will be a big underdog this tournament :banghead:

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
Does Saprykin have a chance? he goes along with the utility forward mentality that the WC teams are taking and is certainly going to do more at an NHL level than Malkin or Mikhnov

I'm thinking Korolyuk, Morozov, Zherdev if they can get him but if not then Chistov or Frolov.

glimradnor

Oct 12, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Due to his free agent status, they are saying Zhitnik might be out too...
This is a shame. I love it when Canada takes on a skilled Russian team. They'll still be good, but it's starting to look a bit like this is the Russian "B" team.

I know these 3 are out for contract reasons, but so many have said no for other reasons. It's sad that not many are willing to represent their homeland.

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
I'm actually liking this somewhat. It lowers competition but hopefully all these younger Russian players will play their heart's out and try to show up the established stars with pure grit and effort. Or so I'm hoping

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
So what's the center situation looking like for Russia now? Yashin, Datsyuk, and Chubarov?

Wow.

I guess next on the list should be Nikolishin and Saprykin? I can't think of who else could go...Brylin? Hmmm...

glimradnor

Oct 12, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
sehnsucht said:
I'm actually liking this somewhat. It lowers competition but hopefully all these younger Russian players will play their heart's out and try to show up the established stars with pure grit and effort. Or so I'm hoping

Agreed.
It might actually be a blessing in disguise. They dont have to worry about as many clashing superstar egos.

It could also be a chance for some Russian league players to shine.

This, I think they can cope with...but i'm still quite worried about the goaltending.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
So what's the center situation looking like for Russia now? Yashin, Datsyuk, and Chubarov?

Wow.

I guess next on the list should be Nikolishin and Saprykin? I can't think of who else could go...Brylin? Hmmm...

Bilyaletdinov said in a interview that his centers are going to be :

Yashin, Datsyuk, Viktor Kozlov, Zubrus and Chubarov.

bizzz*

Oleg Petrov and Andrei Kovalnko replaced Fedorov and Zhamnov.... I've never thought that Russian federation is so stupid. Those 2 former overworked NHLers are a "young move"?!!!! WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->