WC: Russian media fabricated comments by a Finnish player

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
From the closed thread: http://www.suomikiekko.com/2013/05/...-kiinni-tekaisi-leijona-hyokkaajan-kommentit/

The Russian story: http://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/65152/

The Finnish link says Pesonen could not have given those comments because he was not available for post-game interviews due to getting ejected nor was he available after the morning skate. Since he did not play against Austria, he might have picked up an injury as well. Team Finland media rep Janne Lahti said Pesonen has no idea where they came up with the said comments.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
From the closed thread: http://www.suomikiekko.com/2013/05/...-kiinni-tekaisi-leijona-hyokkaajan-kommentit/

The Russian story: http://sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/65152/

The Finnish link says Pesonen could not have given those comments because he was not available for post-game interviews due to getting ejected nor was he available after the morning skate. Since he did not play against Austria, he might have picked up an injury as well. Team Finland media rep Janne Lahti said Pesonen has no idea where they came up with the said comments.
It's the first time EVER I see this outlet. I don't even think they're credentialed by IIHF.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's the first time EVER I see this outlet. I don't even think they're credentialed by IIHF.

Forgot to include in the OP that what do the Russians here know about that site? New site or complete hacks as sports journalists(there's those in every country)? :laugh:

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Forgot to include in the OP that what do the Russians here know about that site? New site or complete hacks as sports journalists(there's those in every country)? :laugh:

I dunno, again, never heard of them. They post like five sports news a day. They just look random.

Worst part is that it got reposted by Sports.ru. Without Sports.ru, I think 100 or so people would ever see it.

EDIT: It's local Tatarstan media. Pesonen plays in Tatarstan so they could just call him directly I think.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
I dunno, again, never heard of them. They post like five sports news a day. They just look random.

Worst part is that it got reposted by Sports.ru. Without Sports.ru, I think 100 or so people would ever see it.

EDIT: It's local Tatarstan media. Pesonen plays in Tatarstan so they could just call him directly I think.

Pesonen says he has no idea where they got the comments from. They are fabricated, de facto.

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
It seems hockey players give so boring predictable answers you no longer even need to bother to interview them :laugh:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
They just told what Pesonen would've said, nothing special here.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I'm not familiar with this website. They might be ripping off sport-express with that name.

Keep in mind that every country has its own fakes and if they are not credentialed it shouldn't be news.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Pesonen says he has no idea where they got the comments from. They are fabricated, de facto.

And exactly why should I believe Pesonen or that source in Russia? There is no "de facto" to me. Maybe Pesonen just said something he regretted afterwards.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
And exactly why should I believe Pesonen or that source in Russia? There is no "de facto" to me. Maybe Pesonen just said something he regretted afterwards.

... :shakehead

With all of respect, Russians papers are known to write what they want

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004

Why would Pesonen feel the need to lie about something like that? Apparently the comments were nothing special so what would be the motivation?

We have crappy journalism here in Finland too, so when a dispute arises, I tend to believe the source more readily than an agency trying to sell news/get publicity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad