Russian hockey journalists

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Lets look at an latest article of some uneducated Slovak journalist here. If he called to KHL HQ and asked the league´s communication officials, he would not write the following nonsense.

Jokerit sa v Tallinne stretne s moskovským Spartakom a so Severstaľom Čerepovec, teda s priemernými tímami. Avšak Slovan a Riga prídu o podstatne väčšie ťaháky CSKA Moskva a SKA Petrohrad.

While Jokerit will host mediocre teams Spartak & Severstal in Tallin. Slovan and Dinamo Riga will play their home games in other cities with strong teams like CSKA & SKA.

The Tallin games are not an KHL´s idea, but Jokerit´s. Therefore different, less attractive, opponents. How can a professional journalist write such a nonsense and compare two different things? He does not have to contact league´s HQ, as I suggested, to know details, it is enough to read league´s website. And use a brain. Such amateur journalists spreading nonsense about the league.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Finally, the agent says some things about one "famous" journalist. The key message from the agent saying: "that journalist do not have neither a knowledge nor the moral/ethic manners. And all players should ignore such people from now as their response."

That one "famous" journalist should shake hands with another "famous" journalist. Both love the KHL and Jokerit :D

Reactions: Atas2000

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Finally, the agent says some things about one "famous" journalist. The key message from the agent saying: "that journalist do not have neither a knowledge nor the moral/ethic manners. And all players should ignore such people from now as their response."

That one "famous" journalist should shake hands with another "famous" journalist. Both love the KHL and Jokerit :D

What is the problem in talking about injuries? Tarasenko's injury is really serious and it is the third problem with the same shoulder, everyone worries that it may not let him play anymore.
Yes, Shevchenko told that hockey is not an engineering or medicine, it is not valuable for people in other projections from entertainment. And it is truth, hockey is for fans, not for players, agents or coaches. Shevchenko is a bit provocative, but this is his work and he is one of the best Russian hockey journalists, even if he doesn't understand hockey :)

Reactions: MilesNewton

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What is the problem in talking about injuries? Tarasenko's injury is really serious and it is the third problem with the same shoulder, everyone worries that it may not let him play anymore.
Yes, Shevchenko told that hockey is not an engineering or medicine, it is not valuable for people in other projections from entertainment. And it is truth, hockey is for fans, not for players, agents or coaches. Shevchenko is a bit provocative, but this is his work and he is one of the best Russian hockey journalists, even if he doesn't understand hockey :)
Let's not call a POS without any sense of decency "a bit provocative".

I am not reading anything that has Shevchenko on it. This one though was going way too far even for his low-life standards. So I looked in after the cointer-wave of comments from the community. I am glad some hockey people called him out and will boycott that turd. Best thing to do.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Let's not call a POS without any sense of decency "a bit provocative".

I am not reading anything that has Shevchenko on it. This one though was going way too far even for his low-life standards. So I looked in after the cointer-wave of comments from the community. I am glad some hockey people called him out and will boycott that turd. Best thing to do.
As far as I know, he talked to some players that said that they will boycott him and they do not any problems anymore.
Even if he is not the best person, there must be journalists that remind Russian hockey players about real life, instead we will have only guys like Mozyakin who doesn't talk to journalists even during all-star weekend or we will see portions like Ovechkin's in 2014 "dear Putin we won one of the weakest WCs in recent history. Could you bring free BMWs for poor hockey players like you did for Olympic champions?"

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
As far as I know, he talked to some players that said that they will boycott him and they do not any problems anymore.
Even if he is not the best person, there must be journalists that remind Russian hockey players about real life, instead we will have only guys like Mozyakin who doesn't talk to journalists even during all-star weekend or we will see portions like Ovechkin's in 2014 "dear Putin we won one of the weakest WCs in recent history. Could you bring free BMWs for poor hockey players like you did for Olympic champions?"
1. I don't want ONE meaningless interview from players. Not from Mozyakin, not from Ovechkin, not from any other hockey player. As opposed to I want to see them play and realize their social responsibility which is NOT giving interviews.
2. I don't understand and strongly oppose any critsizm of Ovechkin on that particular matter(also hyped up by dumb shites of journalists with a stupid populistic agenda). What exactly was wrong with that? It was also up to every single player if they feel so firmly about social responsibility to auction the car for a good cause the day they got it. End of story. Ovechkin is a true and good leader and of all people someone who understands not only the true value of his wealth and popularity, but also feels responsible. Wtf is wrong with YOU people? Stop counting other people's money and believing stupid populistic concepts of pro-athletes needing to be beggars just to make you feel better. The world is what it is. You want to change the rules? Me too. Let's work on it. But let's stop pretending athletes driving BMWs is the issue with the system of rich and poor.

3. Disgusting jerks like Shevchenko should not come near any kind of journalism. Protecting him is protecting the very core of the problem with today's societies. There used to be a standard of investigative journalism not using personal insults and scandalous fake hypes to reach the audience.

Last edited:
Reactions: pukovnik

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
1. I don't want ONE meaningless interview from players. Not from Mozyakin, not from Ovechkin, not from any other hockey player. As opposed to I want to see them play and realise their social responsibility which is NOT giving interviews.
2. I don't understand and strongly oppose any critsizm of Ovechkin on that particular matter(also hyped up by dumb shites of journalists with a stupid populistic agenda). What exactly was wrong with that? It was also up to every single player if they feel so firmly about social responsibility to auction the car for a good cause the day they got it. End of story. Ovechkin is a true and good leader and of all people someone who understands not only the true value of his wealth and popularity, but also feels responsible. Wtf is wrong with YOU people? Stop counting other people's money and believing stupid populistic concepts of pro-athletes needing to be beggars just to make you feel better. The world is what it is. You want to change the rules? Me too. Let's work on it. But let's stop pretending athletes driving BMWs is the issue with the system of rich and poor.

3. Disgusting jerks like Shevchenko should not come near any kind of journalism. Protecting him is protecting the very core of the problem with today's societies. There used to be a standard of investigative journalism not using personal insults and scandalous fake hypes to reach the audience.
1. But what is their responsibility? To make people happy with their skills, but not only skills. Why do NHL players give a lot of interviews? Because people are interested, the same with Mozyakin. It is interesting to know things that are behind his scoring records.
2. I have no problem about athletes being rich. It is great that they achieved it with their hard work, it is great that they can have a lot of thing and to live well. But most of KHL players are getting money, not earning. Do you feel the difference between donations of local governments and money earned by TV rights, ticket sales etc? That is what I am talking about. And after that it sounds a bit strange when they ask additional money from Putin like it is personal Putin's money. Russian athletes usually behave like they don't understand how the things are working, they are used to situation when money just comes to their pocket like from the air, not because their success leads to some economic stuff.
3. We just have very limited number of qualified hockey journalists, that is why Shevchenko is successful. Hockey is still a niche in Russia, despite of traditions. When there will be more guys like Eronko we will not need Shevchenko, but with current situation we have what we have and I'd better not lose another journalist, but get few more.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Shevchenko is the best hocky journalist in Russia right now whether you think it's good or bad is another story. He is the only one covering VHL and MHL.

About this Tarasenko drama

Shevchenko mentioned in his podcast, that Tarasenko might be finished. His reasoning is solid" Tarasenko had a 3rd surgery on the same shoulder oin 3 years. Shevchenko has agenda and bias against certain players like Mozyakin or Ovechkin, but not against Tarasenko, this wasn't said with any malice or ill intentions.

Tarasenko's wife responded in rather rude manner, basically calling Shevchenko a liar for stating his opinion.
Then Dementiev comes out and calls for "cancellation" of Shevchenko. His calls are supported by Milstein.

On this, Shevchenko responded in his typical manner, and he is consistent with this position: hockey is a show-buisiness, and hockey players should be ready that their injuries will be discussed. He also said, that hockey players should not think too high of themselves, and they do not play such a huge role in the society, It is also true. Now, the only thing in his response which was wrong, was the fact that he said some unnescessary stuff about Tarasenko's wife. This was a bit low, but Shevchenko apologized for this.

Overall, situation is a storm in a cup, a nothingburger, Shevchenko already spoke to Zadorov and Sergachev, and they closed their questions.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
1. I don't want ONE meaningless interview from players. Not from Mozyakin, not from Ovechkin, not from any other hockey player. As opposed to I want to see them play and realize their social responsibility which is NOT giving interviews.

1-Hockey is a show buisiness. Players who don't want to engage with media might be good players, but they are failing to help to hype the game utside of the rink. And it is needed.
2-Shevchenko is the only journalist producing any coverage and hype for VHL and MHL. He is also a pretty entertaining character who creates some drama in the swamp that is russian hockey. And him being the "core of the modern World problems" LMAO, you are overly dramatic here. USSR was a paradise I guess.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Being in the USA do you feel some journalists are being paid by various teams to report certain things?

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
As of right now, Tarasenko is not even scheduled to be reevaluated by team doctors for five months. That means, barring unforeseen events, he would not even be reevaluated until a month after the season begins.
That’s just a reevaluation What the Blues do know, if they choose to go this route, is they can put Tarasenko on LTIR that gives them the cap space of Taraenko’s deal, sort of on a prorated term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad