Russian hockey disaster in Sochi 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Why ? You think that someone really cares about critism of hyped-KHL ?
we need to be realistic here, while some criticism towards the khl is well deserved it's not like there're hordes of players to choose from the nhl. and that practice of late to invite players only because they play in the nhl is pretty lame too. i mean some hotheads praised loktionov to the heavens here before wc and he of course promptly was given a place in the first line alongside rads and kovy. some may remember how this panned out

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
we need to be realistic here, while some criticism towards the khl is well deserved it's not like there're hordes of players to choose from the nhl. and that practice of late to invite players only because they play in the nhl is pretty lame too. i mean some hotheads praised loktionov to the heavens here before wc and he of course promptly was given a place in the first line alongside rads and kovy. some may remember how this panned out

Yes, Russia failing at Worlds was all Loktionov's fault... :rolleyes:

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
Radulov and Kovalchoke sucks at NT level in recent 2-3 years a lot and about olympics level ? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

See KHL "all-stars" fails like Zaripov and Zinoviev in 2010 Vancouver they did not even knew where is north and west in match against Canada.

I don`t see Russias NT future very bright.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
if you say so:laugh:
but while we are hallucinating it's not loktionov's fault, i mean he did'n invite himself to the wc, did he?

It's the other guys on the line (including the rest of team and coaching staff) that should bare the responsibility for the poor performances, not him.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
I hope that there will be very few KHL players or none at all.

Horrible logic, Slovakia basically had the same amount of KHL Players at the last Olympics as Russia. In fact the Russia 2006 team had 8 RSL(KHL's predecessor) players and that did not stop them from making the SF.

2010 Olympics
Slovakia - 4th Place - 8 KHL Players + A player from the Slovak League

Russia - QF - 9 KHL Players

Russia at the 2006 Olympics had 8 local players
2006 Olympics
Russia - 4th Place - 8 RSL players (Won against Sweden, Canada, USA).

Maybe, just maybe it is not that much to do with picking players from the KHL but more to do with Russia having horrible team chemistry and weaker players?

I think Russia will miserably fail at the Olympics, getting a medal will be the equivalent to winning Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad