Russian Fans Opinions on: K.Koltsov and S.Shikorov

Towelie*

I was just wondering if anyone who has had a chance to see either of these players play in Russia? Koltsov has said that he will be coming over to the NHL, while I remember a quote from Shikorov's agent saying he has no problem playing in the AHL.

So the question is, what kind of player will Kolstov be in the NHL, and how succesful can he be? Same goes to Shikorov, but more likely in the AHL, unless any of you think he could make the NHL.

Thanks in advance.

studley49

Oct 8, 2003
Flinton/Toronto, ON
Visit site
I'm assuming you're talking about Konstantin and not Kirill.

I always like Koltsov based on his high-speed game, but from what I've read/heard he doesn't have a shot. If I had to compare, I'd say Koltsov has the upside of a more-playmaking Maxim Afinogenov...but realistically, if he can get better defensively (I've read he's not really 2-way) he could be a nice energy player.

Flame me if I'm wrong...

sticknrink

Aug 17, 2006
London
He did mean Kirill.

Kirill Koltsov and Sergei Shikorov are two of the best shot RSL prospects Vancouver has.

Towelie*

Do you guys really see Kirill Koltsov coming over anytime soon?

In a recent quote, couple days ago, he said he would definately be in the NHL next year. The only reason he is not playing in the NHL this year is because he promised his coach he would stay.l

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad