Russian debacle by Canada on IIHF WC 2015

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Not true. We have the best wingers depth in the world and are on par with goalies. Let's not exaggerate.

I could be persuaded if you specify which wingers you're talking about. Obviously Ovechkin, Tarasenko, Radulov. Who else?

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Totally agree about the defense, but there wasn't much good to say about the forwards either. Take away Malkin, Tarasenko and Ovechkin, and the next best forward was Mozyakin, which is not a positive commentary. Lets be honest, the Russian system lacks depth and quality at every position. There is no way that we really deserved to be in the GMG - Bob stood on his head to get us there.

And now there are all the "revelations" about defection of Panarin, Shipachyov, Plotnikov, etc., to the NHL. The rubles and dollars that were invested to permit all these guys to develop their skills are completely lost when they leave. And then, when they come back to play for the NT, they completely suck! Check out our record in the Olympics after 2002, when the last of the Soviet-developed talent retired from hockey!

Dude, Mozyakin is an excellent forward - look at his goals. Him and Zaripov are an amazing duo on the ice.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Dude, Mozyakin is an excellent forward - look at his goals. Him and Zaripov are an amazing duo on the ice.

I wasn't criticizing Mozyakin, who was brilliant in the tournament. I was only trying to say that other guys should have been doing more than a 34-year old nearing the end of his career.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I wasn't criticizing Mozyakin, who was brilliant in the tournament. I was only trying to say that other guys should have been doing more than a 34-year old nearing the end of his career.

Yes, but as we know, our superstarts like Ovechkin, etc., often underperform on international tournaments. So personally, I expect 'underdog'-type players to produce the most in our team, since they're not weighed down by so much expectation, and thus play with a 'nothing to lose' attitude and get the job done. In my books, Dadonov, Mozyakin and Zaripov would've been the guys I would've expected to produce the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad