Russian debacle by Canada on IIHF WC 2015

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
Tretiak and the rest of Russian GM`s should leave because they have no clue how does modern hockey look like now.
Bring finally youngsters to NT and drop Kovalchuk etc company off, they did their job from past till now.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Tretiak and the rest of Russian GM`s should leave because they have no clue how does modern hockey look like now.
Bring finally youngsters to NT and drop Kovalchuk etc company off, they did their job from past till now.
youngsters'd lose by ten goals or more. and this team is not so bad, when we drop Kovalchuk etc company off, the team'll be drastically worse.

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
youngsters'd lose by ten goals or more. and this team is not so bad, when we drop Kovalchuk etc company off, the team'll be drastically worse.

How do you know ? Kovalchuk and the rest of the russian "superstars" have nothing new to offer for NT.

Take a look at Panarin nobody ever knew him about 5 years ago and now he is one of the top scorer on his team...
Do you understand what I am trying to tell you ?

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
How do you know ? Kovalchuk and the rest of the russian "superstars" have nothing new to offer for NT.

Take a look at Panarin nobody ever knew him about 5 years ago and now he is one of the top scorer on his team...
nope, sorry, i don't

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I don't think bringing in "youngsters" is the solution. The main problem I think is clear and has been the same for at least the past 20 years. Defense.

Until Russia begins developing defensemen who can move the puck at the level comparable to their forwards they will continue to get owned by Canada.

This was a bad blueline. They're fortunate to win silver with it.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I don't think bringing in "youngsters" is the solution. The main problem I think is clear and has been the same for at least the past 20 years. Defense.

Until Russia begins developing defensemen who can move the puck at the level comparable to their forwards they will continue to get owned by Canada.

This was a bad blueline. They're fortunate to win silver with it.

Totally agree about the defense, but there wasn't much good to say about the forwards either. Take away Malkin, Tarasenko and Ovechkin, and the next best forward was Mozyakin, which is not a positive commentary. Lets be honest, the Russian system lacks depth and quality at every position. There is no way that we really deserved to be in the GMG - Bob stood on his head to get us there.

And now there are all the "revelations" about defection of Panarin, Shipachyov, Plotnikov, etc., to the NHL. The rubles and dollars that were invested to permit all these guys to develop their skills are completely lost when they leave. And then, when they come back to play for the NT, they completely suck! Check out our record in the Olympics after 2002, when the last of the Soviet-developed talent retired from hockey!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Try to have some common sense in your posts and not just some stupid slogans one can hear after every loss. You contradict yourself over and over again.

Bring in youngters? Fine. We've had the youngest defence in years, i.e. 6 defencemen which should be nowhere near the NT.

It's not about "modern hockey" whatever it might be. It's about the WC format. WC is a thing of luck. Russia wasn't lucky this year. All defencemen either injured or playing in NA. It's a miracle this teams got this far.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Nobody in his right mind understands you.

Panarin wasn't that good 5 years ago - check.

Panarin is good now - check.

Panarin is on the team - check.

What's your problem?

If you think there are 10 other Panarins out there somewhere, then give us names.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Lets be honest, the Russian system lacks depth and quality at every position.

Not true. We have the best wingers depth in the world and are on par with goalies. Let's not exaggerate.

Last edited:

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
@Atas2000
Stop being cocky please, who candradicts what, are those posts not clear to you enough ?

I think players like Gusev, Kugryshev, Shmelyov, Grigorenko Mikhail ( still better then Anisimov easily but both suck at defense...) Khokhlachev who performs in AHL quite well, Provorov, Zadorov and maybe Svechnikov.

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
It's not about "modern hockey" whatever it might be. It's about the WC format. WC is a thing of luck. Russia wasn't lucky this year. All defencemen either injured or playing in NA. It's a miracle this teams got this far.

Huh ?
Modern hockey is all about speed and constant shooting on net and no silly passes and puck dumping near boards.
Producing 13 shots at net in 60 minutes is utter pathetic.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
@Atas2000
Stop being cocky please, who candradicts what, are those posts not clear to you enough ?

I think players like Gusev, Kugryshev, Shmelyov, Grigorenko Mikhail ( still better then Anisimov easily but both suck at defense...) Khokhlachev who performs in AHL quite well, Provorov, Zadorov and maybe Svechnikov.

Gusev=V.Antipin, small, not skilled enough for the top team, shouldn't be on the A-roster.

Kugryshev? Really? Why would we need Plotnikov light on the team?

Shemlyov? There are 10 ppl ahead of him. Just because he's young doesn't mean he's good enough.

Grigorenko has sold his talents for the AHL dream. Right now he shouldn't e on the team. And claiming he would be better than Anisimov is just another proof for your outlandish dreams. Anisimov had .52 ppg in an injury filled season, Grigorenko was at .24. And I beg you to ask Todd Richards if Anisimov sucks at defence, because something tells me he has quite an idea.

Provorov? You do know we're not talking about WJC and at th WJC Zadorov wasn't the best being the youngest. Why not invite the complete U20 team?

Svechnikov might never become NT caliber and you wnat him as a U20.:handclap:

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
Why not invite the complete U20 team?

Good idea perhaps if they lose that would be not such shame and disgrace as your "pro elite players" who likely loss quite often lately 7:3 ( on olympic level ) 8:3, 6:1 with teams who are comparable in strenght, really a handclap.
Sometimes your NT feels like bunch of amateurs on ice..

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Good idea perhaps if they lose that would be not such shame and disgrace as your "pro elite players" who likely loss quite often lately 7:3 ( on olympic level ) 8:3, 6:1 with teams who are comparable in strenght, really a handclap.
Sometimes your NT feels like bunch of amateurs on ice..

Okay you don't want to see the obvious. It can't be helped.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Huh ?
Modern hockey is all about speed and constant shooting on net and no silly passes and puck dumping near boards.
Producing 13 shots at net in 60 minutes is utter pathetic.

Constant shooting on net is useless old canadian hockey even Canadians themselves abandoned a long time ago.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Best wingers have Canadians which could you see yesterday.
6:1 condraticts with your post now.

Bobrovski sometime seemed lost in the net.

Where's the contradiction? Canada does have a ton of centers and is always forced to play them on the wing on the NT, because they don't have an Ovechkin.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
You mean best in KHL ? Yes indeed but in NHL there are about 10 names before him.

Search the board here. There are numerous threads with numerous ppl from NA thinking otherwise. Maybe they are all Putin's secret agents. I don't know.

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves

I would like to mention this post again, do you watch WJC kp61c ?
2011 to 2015 is very nice Russian crop where are those guys now ?

Those young players are NT future not last mohican papa Datsyuk who is the only remaining russian player who can compare with players like Crosby.

Kovalchuk is a joke at 2002 his place was bench warming.
And even without him Russia can win see WC 2012.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad