Russia U20 National Team - WJC-2021

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Larionov as a head coach for the Team Russia U20 has been officially announced, Golubovich and Filatov will be assisting him, so I guess we can start discussing (and, obviously, hope that there will be a WJC).

Some depth chart maybe:

LWCRWDDGK
Amirov
Gritsyuk
Groshev
Beryozkin
Firstov
Tyutnev
Guskov
Likhachyov
Gutik
Bryzgalov
Nikolayev
Spiridonov
Abramov
Tsyplakov
Khusnutdinov
Ponomaryov
Safonov
Mingachyov
Zaitsev
Pochivalov
Podkolzin
Chinakhov
Afanasyev
Chizhikov
Alalykin
Pashin
Gordin
Serdyuk
I.Ovchinnikov
D.Ovchinnikov
Bychkov
Chistyakov
Mukhamadullin
Mironov
Rogov
Burenov
Vashchenko
Sedov
Bryutov
Chibrikov
Knyazev
Nikishin
Kirpichnikov
Kuznetsov
Yelizarov
Chayka
Yefremov
Zaitsev
Tyuvilin
Kirsanov
Askarov
Skotnikov
Zherenko
Akhtyamov
Gorbunov
Guskov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Excited about this team as a Sharks fan. In the best of years we may have three prospects in the entire tournament. The potential of having both Spiridonov and Knyazev on this team is exciting. If we happen to draft Amirov or Khusnutdinov, even better.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Camp roster for the Sochi Hockey Open (5th-9th of August):

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Vsevolod Skotnikov
Vadim Zherenko

D
Daniil Chayka
Semyon Chistyakov
Kirill Kirsanov
Artemiy Knyazev
Yan Kuznetsov
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Ivan Rogov
Nikita Sedov
Pavel Yelizarov
Daniil Zaitsev

FW
Mikhail Abramov
Yegor Afanasyev
Rodion Amirov
Yegor Chinakhov
Vladislav Firstov
Arseniy Gritsyuk
Maxim Groshev
Matvei Guskov
Yaroslav Likhachyov
Ilya Nikolayev
Ilya Ovchinnikov
Vasiliy Ponomaryov
Ilya Safonov
Yegor Spiridonov
Alexei Tsyplakov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Camp roster for the Sochi Hockey Open (5th-9th of August):

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Vsevolod Skotnikov
Vadim Zherenko
D
Daniil Chayka
Semyon Chistyakov
Kirill Kirsanov
Artemiy Knyazev
Yan Kuznetsov
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Ivan Rogov
Nikita Sedov
Pavel Yelizarov
Daniil Zaitsev
FW
Mikhail Abramov
Yegor Afanasyev
Rodion Amirov
Yegor Chinakhov
Vladislav Firstov
Arseniy Gritsyuk
Maxim Groshev
Matvei Guskov
Yaroslav Likhachyov
Ilya Nikolayev
Ilya Ovchinnikov
Vasiliy Ponomaryov
Ilya Safonov
Yegor Spiridonov
Alexei Tsyplakov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
That's 10 traitors on the roster for traitor Larionov. As expected.

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
How good of an opposition the U20 team can be against not only KHL team, but good KHL team?
Some guys in camps would probably do ok playing on a KHL team, but others wouldn't ... Now playing without any KHL veteran ... I hope for the best but I'm really not sure. Unless the big teams play their B team?

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
That's 10 traitors on the roster for traitor Larionov. As expected.
I hope this is sarcasm lol because it’s always kind of bothered me how often Russians from the CHL are snubbed from the world junior team. Management and coaches have a responsibility to ice the best roster possible regardless of what league they suit up in.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I hope this is sarcasm lol because it’s always kind of bothered me how often Russians from the CHL are snubbed from the world junior team. Management and coaches have a responsibility to ice the best roster possible regardless of what league they suit up in.

This isn't close to true. Bragin didn't snub CHLers. Was very fair to them.

Reactions: Atas2000

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If you expect a fair choice of the best, then there should be few CHLers on the roster. They don't deserve it. Plain and simple.

TreeLane

Jul 12, 2020
You heard about that Podkolzin kid, right? :)
Not saying Podkolzin isn't great ( I love his game) but Knyazev has been a leader at nearly every level he's played plus for a smaller guy he's fearless.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Not saying Podkolzin isn't great ( I love his game) but Knyazev has been a leader at nearly every level he's played plus for a smaller guy he's fearless.

It's not even about Knyazev, no disrespect to him, just I think unless something totally unexpected happens, Podkolzin will be captaining the team, as he isn't worse as a leader, but also has experience of two WJCs under his belt (and also has a solid experience of playing against grown ups in Russia). Not to mention that while Knyazev is a strong candidate, he hasn't guaranteed himself a roster spot yet, while Podkolzin has.

Reactions: wings5

TreeLane

Jul 12, 2020
It's not even about Knyazev, no disrespect to him, just I think unless something totally unexpected happens, Podkolzin will be captaining the team, as he isn't worse as a leader, but also has experience of two WJCs under his belt (and also has a solid experience of playing against grown ups in Russia). Not to mention that while Knyazev is a strong candidate, he hasn't guaranteed himself a roster spot yet, while Podkolzin has.
I never said Knyazev would be the captain, simply stated he should be a potential candidate. His name doesn't come with the same flair that Podkolzin does but Artemi has been a leader at nearly every level in Russia. He has been a regular for Russia on the international stage for years, I highly doubt they pass on him.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I never said Knyazev would be the captain, simply stated he should be a potential candidate. His name doesn't come with the same flair that Podkolzin does but Artemi has been a leader at nearly every level in Russia. He has been a regular for Russia on the international stage for years, I highly doubt they pass on him.

I understand what you meant, but I just mean that this year, imo, there is only one realistic candidate for C. Knyazev could be a good A though.

In other news, apparently Gritsyuk, Chistyakov, Chinakhov and Zherenko are quarantined and will miss the Sochi tournament.

Reactions: TreeLane

TreeLane

Jul 12, 2020
I understand what you meant, but I just mean that this year, imo, there is only one realistic candidate for C. Knyazev could be a good A though.

In other news, apparently Gritsyuk, Chistyakov, Chinakhov and Zherenko are quarantined and will miss the Sochi tournament.
I dunno if I said it before but I am a big fan of Podkolzin but Biased toward Knyazev :)

And ouch. that's four names (so far) hopefully it gets contained.

My understanding of Russian prospects is still limited, I only started watching KHL and MHL about a year ago. But in a short time I have fallen for Khusnutdinov and want my sharks to draft him in round 1. I have been and am still really excited for Spiridonov as well.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
My understanding of Russian prospects is still limited, I only started watching KHL and MHL about a year ago. But in a short time I have fallen for Khusnutdinov and want my sharks to draft him in round 1. I have been and am still really excited for Spiridonov as well.

Then you'll probably have to watch the VHL soon too, since that's where Spiridonov is expected to play. :)

And ouch. that's four names (so far) hopefully it gets contained.

They were quarantined by their teams, so they never joined the U20 camp, so there shouldn't be any effect on others.

Sochi destroyed Team Russia U20 6-2 in the first preseason game.

Afanasyev and Amirov scored, Skotnikov was in goal.

TreeLane

Jul 12, 2020
If you get time, since you know Russian prospects, (or maybe you have an article somewhere) can you offer an assessment on the Sharks current Russians?
Ivan Chekhovich
Nikolai Knyzhov
Timur Ibragimov
Yegor Spiridonov
Danil Yurtaykin
Alexei Melnichuk
Vladislav Kotkov
Artemi Knyazev

We have a lot of Russian prospects. Maybe to save time you can just offer a number or letter ranking like A for great and F for bad?

I dont know, not a lot of people can talk on Russian prospects.
@Caser

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
If you get time, since you know Russian prospects, (or maybe you have an article somewhere) can you offer an assessment on the Sharks current Russians?
Ivan Chekhovich
Nikolai Knyzhov
Timur Ibragimov
Yegor Spiridonov
Danil Yurtaykin
Alexei Melnichuk
Vladislav Kotkov
Artemi Knyazev

We have a lot of Russian prospects. Maybe to save time you can just offer a number or letter ranking like A for great and F for bad?

I dont know, not a lot of people can talk on Russian prospects.
@Caser

In the U20 thread this would definitely be an offtopic, which isn't a good thing, maybe Sharks' part of the forum could be a better fit for a discussion like that.

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
I got the last 5 minutes in the 1st, Skotnikov still in net, the U20s are dominant right now up 3-0 and always having possession. A bit disapoint in the roster Sochi has, they don't seem to have much real roster guy if any ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad