Alexei Kruchinin
Maxim Mamin
Ilya Mikheyev
Kirill Semyonov
Maxim Shalunov
Nikita Soshnikov
Viktor Tikhonov
Vladimir Tkachyov

Sorokin, Kiselevich, Naumenkov, Tokranov, Yarullin, Andronov, Datsyuk, Gusev, Nichushkin, Telegin won't play in this tournament, but are still on the extended roster too.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
No help from the NHL this year. Tarasenko and Panarin are injured and out, and Ovechkin, Malkin, Kucherov and Kuznetsov will likely go too deep into the Stanley Cup playoffs to be available. The Sweden Games roster looks to be 95% of the World Championships roster. A Bronze Medal would be a huge accomplishment with that roster, but that seems overly optimistic.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Basically scratch this tournament. Injuries left and right. We will probably see a C-team there. Ceterum censeo NHL delendam esse.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Basically we are having the same team as in the olympics minus Kovalchuk and Voynov plus some NHLers.

These are huge losses, as they are both world-class players whose presence, or absences, changes the stature of the team.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Svechnikov likely not going to the Canadiens is great news.

Low pressure environment in Carolina + awesome linemates in Aho, Necas, Lindholm and countryman Zykov.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Svechnikov likely not going to the Canadiens is great news.

Low pressure environment in Carolina + awesome linemates in Aho, Necas, Lindholm and countryman Zykov.

Not impossible at all Carolina picks Zadina and Svechnikov falls to the Habs, all a matter of preference.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Okay, Vorobiev has failed already. I wonder how a man can live without self respect. This roster is laughable. The tournament lost the last bit of my interest.

The stupid SKA-CSKA-show is not Team Russia.

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
Quite a low number of right handed players. Not look like a too strong team for me, but I am no expert. :)

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
Tryamkin deserve the spot. He played well at KHL and at national team too. I am going to be his fan more and more. About right handers, was mostly for D-man because they can get puck out of zones faster on right side. No need to turn around,use backhand or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->