Russia National Team discussion thread

Cherepanov7

Sep 23, 2020
If we don't get any NHL players we won't be competitive this year. I think the following lines, combos, are almost certain by now:

Kuzmenko - xxxx - Burdasov
Mamin - Shalunov - Okulov
xxx - Zernov - Tolchinsky
xxx - Morozov - Podkolzin

If we could get Buchnevich, Guryanov and Dadonov it would help. Maybe Grigorenko and Barabanov.

Without Shipachyov, Panarin and Gusev (together with Dadonov and Shipachyov) we are missing to many key players. Due to Covid19 we can't really get NHL Players who are thrown out of the play-offs.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
From the paralel thread:

Roster for Eurotour

G - Bocharov (Dynamo Moscow), Samonov (SKA), Fedotov (Traktor)

D - Yakovlev (Metallurg), Marchenko (Lokomotiv), , Yudin (AK Bars), Dronov (Metallurg), Ozhiganov (SKA), Rafikov (Lokomotiv), Khafizullin (SKA), Pylenkov (Vityaz), Naumenkov (Salavat Yulayev), Kirsanov (SKA)

F - Marchenko (SKA), Safonov (AK Bars), Kraskovskiy (Lokomotiv), Podkolzin (SKA), Morozov (SKA), Galimov (SKA), Shvets-Rogovoy (SKA), Kamenev (SKA), Timkin (SKA), Voronkov (AK Bars), Kuzmenko (SKA), Burdasov (SKA), Zernov (Avangard), Tolchinskiy (Avangard), Shalunov (CSKA), Okulov (CSKA), Karnaukhov (CSKA), Slepyshev (CSKA)

So I guess that's everyone we have for now, except Mamin, who is reportedly injured.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So yeah, lost track a bit on who is joining and who is leaving, so if I understood correctly, aside from already mentioned:

Knyzhov and Georgiev aren't joining;
Mamin and Khafizullin are out with injuries;
Barabanov, Provorov, Nesterov and Zub are joining.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Tolchinsky and Kuzmenko added, so 24 out of 28 roster spots are now taken.

Nesterov, Tarasenko, Orlov and Bobrovsky take the remaining 4 spots.

Last edited:

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I totally like Voronkov, but when he (also still in the face mask) is the first center of the team it is kind of telling everything about this team.

Good experience for him and Morozov. They seem to be the 2 guys that are viewed as the future of the NT at that position (at least near future).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->