Russia National Team discussion thread

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The team that lost to Slovakia the other day with Kravtsov, Rykov, Sharoc etc what is the roster?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
sure, but looked helpless to me
He won the shootout and not by shooters screwing it up. He's made some good saves. You are being ridiculous with this. I've seen some "elite" goalies having worse shootouts and wouldn't call them helpless.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Roster for the Euro Ice Hockey Challenge games Vs. Switzerland (18th and 20th of April):

GK
Ivan Bocharov
Alexander Georgiev
Ilya Konovalov
D
Nikita Cherepanov
Dinar Khafizullin
Ilya Lyubushkin
Rushan Rafikov
Artyom Sergeyev
Yegor Yakovlev
Albert Yarullin
Alexander Yelesin
Artyom Zub

FW
Denis Alexeyev
Alexander Barabanov
Alexander Burmistrov
Anatoliy Golyshev
Alexander Kadeikin
Yegor Korshkov
Pavel Kraskovskiy
Sergei Plotnikov
Vladimir Tkachyov (1995 born)
Bogdan Yakimov
Nail Yakupov
Damir Zhafyarov
Anton Zlobin
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Current camp roster for the World Championships:

Goalkeepers: Andrei Vasilevskiy, Alexander Georgiev, Ilya Sorokin.

Defensemen: Mikhail Sergachyov, Ilya Lyubushkin, Nikita Nesterov, Artyom Blazhievskiy, Dinar Khafizullin, Artyom Zub, Bogdan Kiselevich, Alexander Elesin, Yegor Yakovlev, Artyom Sergeev.

Forwards: Vladimir Tkachyov, Evgeny Malkin, Nikita Kucherov, Mikhail Grigorenko, Artyom Anisimov, Kirill Kaprizov, Ilya Kovalchuk, Sergei Andronov, Sergei Plotnikov, Ilya Mikheev, Alexander Kadeikin, Alexander Barabanov, Ivan Telegin, Pavel Kraskovskiy, Anatoly Golyshev.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I did not know this, thanks. Last I heard of him playing was the Olympics so I just figured these tournament teams were a given for him.
He tried to return to the NHL, but Bettmann and Daley dragged the appeal process out until he effectively waited for the length of the regular season only to find out he won't be allowed to play. So he basically wasted a whole season and hasn't played one game.

Reactions: Sam Spade

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I don't understand how you can cut Kiselevich and keep Zub/Khafizulin...Is he that rusty? or is it because they play for Vorobiev's team in the khl?

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Another Bronze. With that lineup most fans see this as disappointing. Imo, a clear coach's loss vs. the Finns. Vorobyev will apparently keep his job though, which I find wrong.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Another Bronze. With that lineup most fans see this as disappointing. Imo, a clear coach's loss vs. the Finns. Vorobyev will apparently keep his job though, which I find wrong.

Russian coaching is really mediocre these days imo. This is another area where the word "prospects" might be applicable.

I feel like they live in the past and aren't very familiar with the modern game.

I'm hoping that some of the former players that have just started their coaching careers can develop quickly.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I would attribute this on the management as well, one needs to assemble a team not an all star roster. Our stars got outworked by their roll players, and we couldn't throw our roll players at them, because we had a few, and Kovi was taking one of their spots.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Russia didn't play the COLLECTIVE style of hockey that they need to play if they want to win anything. I just saw it from the first game that this team didn't have it. The biggest culprits by far were Ovechkin and Kovalchuk and their "I'm a great star" individual style of games. If Vorobyev had any sense he would have benched both after the first game and played more team oriented guys such as Plotnikov and Telegin instead.

It's not that Ovechkin and Kovalchuk are lazy or that they have no heart. They wouldn't have come to play for Russia if they were lazy and had no heart. But their style of play is incompatible with the traditional Russian (Soviet) collective style of hockey that Russia must play.

And Ovechkin and Kovalchuk were not the only ones. Kuznetsov has clearly lost something in the NHL.

I feel that if Russia wants to be a #1 hockey country in the world it should be able to create a system where it can keep its best players at home. Once the most talented kids leave to North America and play there several years they seem to "lose" something, lose an ability to play that traditional Russian style of hockey.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
I would attribute this on the management as well, one needs to assemble a team not an all star roster. Our stars got outworked by their roll players, and we couldn't throw our roll players at them, because we had a few, and Kovi was taking one of their spots.
Ovechkin was just as horrible. With these two spending a combined 30 minutes on ice Russian game was out of sync for the 50% of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->