Russia-Latvia post-game

Status
Not open for further replies.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
The only bad thing about this game is that Russia-US might be meaningless on Tuesday...

This was a good day for our offense, great to see Kovalchuk waking up... I posted last couple of days about his ineffectiveness, and while today was nice, we've got to see it in a game against one of the best teams. In any case, its a great sign, and while I am not going to eat all of my words just yet, <Ovechkin_mvp>, I'll have some for appetizers today! Now there is no argument about Kovy on the first line - a poker is a poker, and Frolov is out, anyway.

I only saw the last 40% of the game today (thanks, CNBC), so I can't really comment on the game; obviously the end was just relaxed magic.

But for now, I think the Frolov injury is paying dividends, strangely, despite us losing a very good player. Taratukhin is a good pony for the 4-th line, but most importantly, now that Kozlov is again a winger, they moved him to the Yashin/Ovechkin line instead of Afinogenov. Thats just a great switch for us, now this line will have three times as much puck possession, Kozlov can bang on the boards and pass, and that means Yashin and Ovy are really gonna start scoring.

Thus, I think our lines are set the rest of the way, barring injuries. The entire lineup, actually, since Nabokov is obviously the man. This is very nice, now we get to practice against USA with a stable lineup. Now, if only the PP could be fixed... the only but huge sore spot.

Anyway, congrats to everybody on the game! That Ovy-Yashin-Kozlov tic-tac-toe was gorgeous, right up there with the first game's Datsyuk-Kovy-Kovalev one...

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Good post. I was thinking the same thing about moving Kozlov to the wing with Taratukhin in there. Taratukhin didn't do a lot, but he showed the willingness to go to the net and that could prove useful in the future games.

The US game may not be meaningless yet. Slovaks are losing 1:0 to Kazakhstan, and if a miracle happens there, we might still finish 1st in the group although I'm not sure it's a good thing since the Czechs look like will finish 4th in theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->