Russia hockey video thread

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Agree or Disagree? post your top ten list :)

I'm close to your rankings, but I would rank the top 10 most skilled as follows:

1. Valery Kharlamov
2. Pavel Datsyuk
3. Sergei Makarov
4. Sergei Fedorov
5. Evgeny Malkin
6. Vyacheslav Fetisov
7. Pavel Bure
8. Aleksandr Mogilny
9. Vladimir Krutov
10. Tie: Aleksei Kovalev/Aleksandr Maltsev

I gave Kharlamov the edge over Datsyuk because of his superior speed, balance and all-around skating ability. I left Ovechkin off because I thought that he fell short of the top 10 in skill, although I would definitely rank him as one of the 10 best Russian players of all-time.

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
I'm close to your rankings, but I would rank the top 10 most skilled as follows:

1. Valery Kharlamov
2. Pavel Datsyuk
3. Sergei Makarov
4. Sergei Fedorov
5. Evgeny Malkin
6. Vyacheslav Fetisov
7. Pavel Bure
8. Aleksandr Mogilny
9. Vladimir Krutov

I gave Kharlamov the edge over Datsyuk because of his superior speed, balance and all-around skating ability. I left Ovechkin off because I thought that he fell short of the top 10 in skill, although I would definitely rank him as one of the 10 best Russian players of all-time.

Fetisov at #6 is an interesting choice. Don't get me wrong, I probably have him #1 Soviet hockey player all-time, but I don't know if he was among the most skilled (talking about dangling, speed, stickhandling etc.).

I like Krutov on the list, even though I bet many have an image of a 'power forward' in their head, when thinking of him. Anyway, great hands, great speed, great 1-on-1 ability.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Fetisov at #6 is an interesting choice. Don't get me wrong, I probably have him #1 Soviet hockey player all-time, but I don't know if he was among the most skilled (talking about dangling, speed, stickhandling etc.).

I like Krutov on the list, even though I bet many have an image of a 'power forward' in their head, when thinking of him. Anyway, great hands, great speed, great 1-on-1 ability.

You wouldn't think a defenseman would normally fall within that group, but I included him because I thought he was a special case. I have a lot of video of him that shows an unusual ability to stickhandle and control the puck while skating at top speed. I realize that his choice is debatable

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Great videos Mulle.

The great Vsevolod Bobrov was an excellent forward as well as ice hockey player too. A bit above Pavel. It's all about co-ordination for him and drills that make him the wonderful player he is.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

1. Valery Kharlamov
2. Pavel Datsyuk
3. Sergei Makarov
4. Sergei Fedorov
5. Evgeny Malkin
6. Vyacheslav Fetisov
7. Pavel Bure
8. Aleksandr Mogilny
9. Vladimir Krutov

How you guys always manage to forget Bobrov???

1. Vsevolod Bobrov

And Maltsev was waaay better than Kovalev can ever dream to be.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Advocaat could have use him in the 2012 Euros :laugh:

Anyway here is some other video i done:

(You need an North American IP to see this because EMI Music policy)

I believe the Capitals released Semin because they couldn't stand the heat. The NA hockey press, for whatever they're worth, adopted him as their whipping boy, and the Capitals caved in to the pressure. Good luck in finding a player that gives them the offensive power that Semin did, unless Kuznetsov decides to come over whenever or if the NHL decides to resume playing.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
How you guys always manage to forget Bobrov???

1. Vsevolod Bobrov

And Maltsev was waaay better than Kovalev can ever dream to be.

Bobrov played in the 1950's. Its hard to say that he is the greatest Russian hockey player of all time when you consider the level of competition that he played against. Europe hockey overall was comparatively weak in the 1950's, so I will stand by rankings and not include Bobrov among the top 10.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Kovalchuk has to be knocking on door if not top 10...Ovechkin too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad