Russia hockey video thread

kiluj

May 20, 2010
Samara, Russia
Datsyuk is my favorite hockey player. Great video as always, mulle. But, actually, I think it's impossible to make bad video about Datsyuk.:laugh:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Pavel Datsyuk show :yo::yo:

Mulle,

Thank you for another spectacular show! I don't think it is possible to argue that some player in the history of hockey had "better" hands than Datsyuk. Maybe you could argue that someone is/was as good, but it is not possible to be better than Datsyuk. Calling him a magician is just repeating what has already been said a million time. The guy is just crazy good.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Yea Datsyuk is in my mind best russian today and maybe best in the world. We are lucky he play in our lifetime so we can se him play :)

A new version of The Legends: Mogilny. (some said they thought my first was too short so made it litlle longer, but not the best quality hope it enjoyable)

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Evgeni Malkin highlights

When I watch a brilliant exhibition of sheer hockey skill as is depicted in this video, it brings to mind the quality of Russian hockey schools. There are many problems with Russian hockey, to be sure, but no one does a better job of teaching the fundamental skills of the game, like magic stickhandling and passing while skating at full speed. If you match up a talented individual like Malkin with the right school, such as CSKA, Traktor and Metallurg Mg, you are going to develop at least a few players who can function at Malkin's level. Thanks again, Mulle.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Slapshot 4

(and no i don't support Vityaz actions)

In NA this summer, three "enforcers" of the kind found on Vityaz committed suicide this summer (one is just a "suspected" suicide). Most enforcers who have taken a lot of hard punches to the head suffer from depression, dementia, and other brain disease. But because someone will pay them to go out and get their brains beaten out to entertain the fans who want a circus instead of a hockey game, they continue to sign up for it. What a tragedy!

Botta

Jul 12, 2010
In NA this summer, three "enforcers" of the kind found on Vityaz committed suicide this summer (one is just a "suspected" suicide). Most enforcers who have taken a lot of hard punches to the head suffer from depression, dementia, and other brain disease. But because someone will pay them to go out and get their brains beaten out to entertain the fans who want a circus instead of a hockey game, they continue to sign up for it. What a tragedy!

Agree 100%:nod:

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Mulle,

Thanks once again for reminding me why I love Russian hockey. As far as I am concerned, I could care less about the big heavy hits and bumping and grinding. I love the dazzling and brilliant stickhandling and puck control plays. I think kids dream of skating end to end, faking out all five defenders, and depositing the puck behind a sprawling goaltender. That, to me, is what makes Russian hockey unique.

Beautifully put. Russian hockey is king. Won't always win, but always the most artistic and skilled.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Beautifully put. Russian hockey is king. Won't always win, but always the most artistic and skilled.

Well put yourself! Some Russian teams are less talented than others, some are less motivated, and some aren't very well coached. But there is always an artistry founded on a command of the essential skills of the game.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
another young talent..

Nice video, Mulle! In any other year, Slepyshev would be at the WJC now. Only because there is so much talent and depth at forward was he left off the team. Next year for sure!

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Can someone tell me how to post a vid from youtube? havn't done it in a while, embarassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad