Russia-Denmark

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
They seemed to be a good team at the end when we saw their celebration. But i also saw some solo playing, which was not surprising.

I hope for the best.

Best were the three first minutes, the team was on fire, and i was on fire!! :sarcasm:

ok. good enough. :sarcasm:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I like the fact that Russia did not take a single penalty the entire game.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
best units :

1-ZZM
2-Malkin line
3-Ovechkin line
4-Radulov line

oh, and Proshkin is NOTHING without Denisov :sarcasm:

HS

May 17, 2006
Ovechkin-Nepriayev-Kulemin:
Very little combinational play. They battle for the puck very hard, but once they get it, there is a tendancy for north-south individualistic play. It has been somewhat effective, and should be even more effective against stronger opponents since it contrasts the play of the other lines. Yet Nepriayev seems to lack the offensive ability to make this a well-fitted offensive line. Hopefully the individual counterattacking skill of Ovechkin and Kulemin will allow this energy line to score consistantly throughout the tournament.

This unit lacks good first pass from D. Atuyshov will be a perfect addition. And I agree that their crashing style brings new possibilities to our offence. Nepryaev is good workhorse and also brings decent physical presence, but I can't get rid of impression that this is Kaigorodov's spot here.

Kharitonov-Schastlivy-Radulov:
Have seen very little icetime, not allowing them to demonstrate the combinational play they impressed with during the test matches. Good enough for a 4th line. As has been said Radulov is a tank, Kharitonov always *seems* dangerous when with the puck, and Schastlivy is quite capable as well - I really liked the goal on Atyushov's stretch pass.

Schastlivy is very self-confident and capitalizes from scoring chances well. He showed capability of scoring in important situations through Eurotour. I just hope he will bring it into PO, putting a couple of goals in crucial circumstances. Also his face-offs % is a concern.

Makmalkin89

Dec 31, 2006
Canada
how did the russian goalie look im not sure who played but did he control rebounds well/ play the puck well things of that nature?

markoajda

Oct 8, 2006
Can someone post highlights of the game or at least point me to the right direction (torrents maybe). Is anybody here capping this games?

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
The Russians have such a wealth of talent on their team it's ridiculous. From time to time their play against Denmark was so beautiful my eyes almost fell out.

This game was eerily, I mean eerily similar to the opening game of the 2000 WC's when Russia spanked France...just saying.

The 1st star of the game for me was undoubtedly dane goalkeeper Michael Madsen.
Holy moly what a game by him only giving up one goal and making numerous quality stops, could have easily been 15-1 without him.

If he is net aginst Finland they are in for a tough challenge.

Anyhow I already fear the game vs. Russia since team Finland has decided to win games from the penalty box this time while Russia on the other hand hasn't even taken one penalty yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->