Russia-Denmark

Abe

Apr 15, 2004
Here's my favorite Dane on this team: Kirill Starkov :biglaugh:

One of my favorite Danes as well... ;) He wanted it so bad, and now he got the citizenship, too bad his first WC game is a blowout, and against the Russians :help: . Must say his line with Regin and Frans Nielsen has been decent, they´ve actually had some play in the Russian zone every now and then. Too bad Denmark can´t defend to save their lives.

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
Worst first game possible for Russia? I.e. what they need is to build team-play, not this solo-skating, all out having fun, pleasant and zero effort pseudo game?

A tie or atleast a close game would have been better I guess - future will tell
Well i don't know. At least they have time to build up their chemistry. And every line is getting some goals, and they are having good vibes ;) but i hope they don't get too cocky.

But like i said before i've also seen some solo-skating and fancy tricks which have ended up being goal scoring changes for danmark.

time will tell.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Some observations through two periods:

Zaripov-Zinovjev-Morozov:
Russia's first line in terms of quality of play, their familiariy with each other is showing. Much, much, more effective at cycling the puck in the opposition's zone than any other line. Zaripov, however, was trying a little too much at the begining of the match.

Kovalchuk-Malkin-Frolov:
Immediately evident is this line's speed, especially when Kovalchuk or Malkin are on the puck. They are willing to pass to each other, but there is much more individual movement in their offensive structure. As evidenced by the beautiful combination play on Markov's goal, they will likely take over as the most dangerous line once they build some more chemistry.

Ovechkin-Nepriayev-Kulemin:
Very little combinational play. They battle for the puck very hard, but once they get it, there is a tendancy for north-south individualistic play. It has been somewhat effective, and should be even more effective against stronger opponents since it contrasts the play of the other lines. Yet Nepriayev seems to lack the offensive ability to make this a well-fitted offensive line. Hopefully the individual counterattacking skill of Ovechkin and Kulemin will allow this energy line to score consistantly throughout the tournament.

Kharitonov-Schastlivy-Radulov:
Have seen very little icetime, not allowing them to demonstrate the combinational play they impressed with during the test matches. Good enough for a 4th line. As has been said Radulov is a tank, Kharitonov always *seems* dangerous when with the puck, and Schastlivy is quite capable as well - I really liked the goal on Atyushov's stretch pass.

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
Come on Russia, two more, then it's beautiful 10-1.

Malkin and Kovalchuck. DAMN you guys. Beautiful but blah! :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->