Russia-Denmark

Pushkin*

Russia will come out on fire tonight. It's very important to have a big win tonight on home ice. I Expect something like 7-2. It will be very interesting to see the lines and the defensive pairings.

Pushkin*

The most interesting note about this team it's that it is missing "no big names players" apart from Semin being sent home for unprofessional behaviour. Fedorov was invited but is injured Zubov was invited but is injured... Yashin is done with the national team and is career is nearing the end. Kovalev had a TERRIBLE year in Montréal he is nearing the end as well and as no future with the national team. Kozlov X2 are either too old (for 2010 plans) or not that good anymore to help this team. I really like this team, too bad we don't have Bryzgalov...

Pushkin*

And for 2010 consideration for the first time in some years many important Russian players are still playing key role in the playoffs. Volchenkov Afinogenov Tyutin Kalinin Nabokov Datsyuk most importantly and too bad for Bryzgalov .

Pushkin*

If Bykov is abble to create good team chemistry, we have decent goaltending, were better than usual in our own zone, and finally Ilya plays like he can we can win it easely. Watch out for Radulov and the Kazan line.

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
Russia was already a better TEAM last year than they have been in last few years, i hope they have improved their TEAMplay even more with the new coach.

I hope when they get nervous they don't start to play by themselves or getting pointless penalties like they often do.

:)

Pushkin*

Here are the lines : Zaripov-Zinoviev-Morozov
Kovalchuk-Malkin-Frolov
Kharitonov-Schastlivy-Radulov
Ovechkin-Nepryaev-Kulemin
SCARY

Pushkin*

Proshkin-Nikulin
Gonchar-Markov
Grebeshkov-Atyushov
Emelin-Kondratiev