GDT: Russia - Canada

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Canada 3-2.

I think it's a mistake to put Bob in right away (yes I think he's awesome but different ice and continent and hasn't played in at least 10 days).

I think ringers tend to backfire when brought in playoffs at WC. Screws up team chemistry.

I agree, I think it is especially true for goalies. They should be on the team from the start or at the very latest 2 games in. It takes time to adjust to the ice surface, time zone difference and understanding/directing how the defence plays in front of them.

Lines and D pairing should also gets some game before it is do or die, but could come in later, but being thrown in directly into the playoffs? I usually think that those players do not perform up to their level

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I agree, I think it is especially true for goalies. They should be on the team from the start or at the very latest 2 games in. It takes time to adjust to the ice surface, time zone difference and understanding/directing how the defence plays in front of them.

Lines and D pairing should also gets some game before it is do or die, but could come in later, but being thrown in directly into the playoffs? I usually think that those players do not perform up to their level
I think Morale too...

I remember a million years ago they flew in Jagr and Straka at their peaks (Czech teams and Jagr/Straka) and we were done.

But imagine you and I have played the first 7 games and are getting 20 minutes a night and have a bunch of points and PP time. All of a sudden, in walk 2 or 3 NHL players and they immediately get our time and we go to 3rd line or pressbox. It's gotta piss you off! That could affect team chemistry which is more important than anything else.

Reactions: weklof

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Blindsided on the backcheck. Classic. The refs just waited long enough to slowly let this game slip out of their hands..

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
His feelings were hurt. In 2021 it's all about the feelings...

Who cares about his feelings :), it was a clean hit. And there was no call on a Canadian trip at the end of the PP... refs are trying to help Canada out.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Whoever gets the first goal is probably going to win this one ... it's a crucial goal.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Who cares about his feelings :), it was a clean hit. And there was no call on a Canadian trip at the end of the PP... refs are trying to help Canada out.

Maybe you’re seeing that play different but that looked more to me like a perfect pocket pick from Vilardi.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Russia's playing like crap, letting Canada mess around in their zone. They need to shift the centre of gravity towards the Canadian net.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just checking in... game half over.. 5-0 Russia yet?

No?

Turns out Canada is a good team with a good chance win? Good luck to both of you.

Reactions: jj cale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad