#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Last edited:
Reactions: Trilliann

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
The one time Russia would be considered the favorite, and it won't actually count as a Russia win.

If they are playing as a neutral flag, I wonder what jersey they'll use. A practice jersey?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Team Neutral will be one of, if not the only, team with world class NHL quality talent...so...yeah.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I honestly just want to see Dats complete the triple gold

The one time Russia would be considered the favorite, and it won't actually count as a Russia win.

If they are playing as a neutral flag, I wonder what jersey they'll use. A practice jersey?
From the article: Russia will send a delegation to Switzerland on Friday to discuss details such as neutral uniforms and whether athletes can wear national colors.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
That's cool at the same time it is weird and stupid.
Like to see new designs like 'team neutral' and what anthems and goal horns they get to use.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
"It's unacceptable to take away an athlete's right to represent his country. In my view, it breaks not only the Olympic charter, but human rights," Zhukov said. "So you really can't talk about a deal here.
"Obviously we consider this ruling unfair, but at the same time we're in the situation where we had to make a decision even though we consider this ruling unfair."

This is pretty weaksauce, Zhukov.

Reactions: Pyromaniac

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Iirc neutral teams/athletes have previously worn white with the Olympic Rings as the only decoration. Ode to joy has been the anthem played

Not very common, last would be in the 90’s with Yougoslav athletes during those wars and Barcelona 92 with South Africa..

Reactions: TychoFan

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
Gray jerseys for team neutral I'd think. Only question that's left is what anthem song do they use

Hey TGJ, heard a real good one the other day.

A guy texted into 630CHED in Edmonton and knowing that the Russians which will be known as Olympic Athletes of Russia and will be called OAR's...he suggested that when these individuals win, they should play Row,Row your Boat!

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
The Swiss should really appeal the "Team Neutral" tag- and they would, too, if they didn't feel so damned indifferent about the whole thing!
considering austria, finland, ireland and sweden are also neutral european countries should they also appeal?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
This should be their logo

Screen_shot_2011-12-25_at_4.52.05_AM.jpg

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Gray jerseys for team neutral I'd think. Only question that's left is what anthem song do they use

The Olympic Anthem is to be used for any ceremonies.

The team will compete under the Olympic flag with uniforms bearing the name "Olympic Athlete from Russia" or "OAR". What's not stated in the Olympic announcement is if the team will be able to use national colors as was done with the CIS unified 1992 hockey team.

normal.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad