WJC: Russia 2019 Roster Talk | Mod Note in OP

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Isn’t Kravtsov the same height as Kostin?
Also, how are Kravtsov’s chances playing center in the WJC?

He's not as built (Kostin is a monster, he's going to physically dominate the games) but I also expect Kravtsov to get a look at center, which is why I didn't mention him for the wings.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Highly unlikely. Bragin has only picked two 17 year olds for this tournament, and that was Provorov and Svechnikov. If Guskov was in serious consideration, he would've been at the Super-Series, and he wasn't.

Its more likely that Podkolzin would be the 17 year old picked this year, and I don't think thats going to happen either. Bragin has passed up on adding many very good 17 year olds to Russia's roster over the years, which I think has hurt their results.
next year...

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Camp roster:

GK
Pyotr Kochetkov
Amir Miftakhov
Daniil Tarasov

D
Alexander Alexeyev
Yevgeniy Kalabushkin
Makar Khabarov
Anton Malyshev
Ilya Morozov
Saveliy Olshanskiy
Alexander Romanov
Mark Rubinchik
Dmitriy Samorukov
Daniil Valitov
Artyom Volkov
Daniil Zhuravlyov

FW
Ivan Chekhovich
Grigoriy Denisenko
Artyom Galimov
Yevgeniy Kanitskiy
Alexander Khovanov
Klim Kostin
Nikolai Kovalenko
Vitaliy Kravtsov
Kirill Marchenko
Ivan Morozov
Ivan Muranov
Artyom Nikolayev
Nikita Shashkov
Pavel Shen
Kirill Slepets
Stepan Starkov
Vladislav Tsitsyura
Alexander Yaremchuk
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

su24

Sep 30, 2017
Camp roster:

GK
Pyotr Kochetkov
Amir Miftakhov
Daniil Tarasov

D
Alexander Alexeyev
Yevgeniy Kalabushkin
Makar Khabarov
Anton Malyshev
Ilya Morozov
Saveliy Olshanskiy
Alexander Romanov
Mark Rubinchik
Dmitriy Samorukov
Daniil Valitov
Artyom Volkov
Daniil Zhuravlyov
FW
Ivan Chekhovich
Grigoriy Denisenko
Artyom Galimov
Yevgeniy Kanitskiy
Alexander Khovanov
Klim Kostin
Nikolai Kovalenko
Vitaliy Kravtsov
Kirill Marchenko
Ivan Morozov
Ivan Muranov
Artyom Nikolayev
Nikita Shashkov
Pavel Shen
Kirill Slepets
Stepan Starkov
Vladislav Tsitsyura
Alexander Yaremchuk
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So much for Bragin's words that Ustimenko gonna be on the team and his good performance at the meaningless tournaments :0

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So much for Bragin's words that Ustimenko gonna be on the team and his good performance at the meaningless tournaments :0

Yeah, got confused on this too, so it made me remember the previous year's situation when Bragin was asked about Berdin and answered that it was GK coach decision and he trusts him, so possibly their opinions didn't match this time too.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Center depth is really worrysome, as Anokhovskiy failed to recover in time, I guess we will need to hope Morozov can step up and take that middle-six center roster spot.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
It will be interesting to look at Bragin when you tell him that tournaments were meaningless.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
The only omission for me is Koltygin (Nashville prospect in Drummondville). I had him as the 4th line center, but I think there's a number of guys on this team that could handle a very defensive roll like Galimov.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The only omission for me is Koltygin (Nashville prospect in Drummondville). I had him as the 4th line center, but I think there's a number of guys on this team that could handle a very defensive roll like Galimov.
18 pts in 27gp in a junior league. Many guys to choose from at 4C. He was never close IMO.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Maksimov despite being a right handed shot doesn't get another look, guess Okhotyuk didn't impress either, though not at all providing much offense in the OHL this year , shouldn't be surprised.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
18 pts in 27gp in a junior league. Many guys to choose from at 4C. He was never close IMO.

ppg in the Super series and one of the most noticeable players in both games he played. That line was very good. Specifically on the defensive end. Assisted on the tying and GWG in the 1st game, and he was the main reason Russia won the 2nd QMJHL game because of his play away from the puck. One of the few Russian forwards this year with a real defensive presence. Displayed some great chemistry with Shashkov and Muranov too as seen in that first goal.

His second point wasn't spectacular, he fired a puck at the net and Muranov did a little play in front and cashed in.

As I said it's not a total oversight, there are some good players who can fill that 4C spot, but none as strong as him in the d-zne. Still an oversight in my mind. Especially with how some of these other teams will be built down the middle with size.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->