Discussion in 'New Jersey Devils' started by Prezidentas Zubrus, Jan 8, 2019.
I bet it was “Brotherhood, passengers.... blah blah blah”
something to that effect.
The interview was before LAST season started.
I don’t remember if it was ever confirmed or just a rumor but Schneids had groin issues going back to even before last year. Apparently it was nagging him in 2016.
NVM. you weren't talking about Hynes.
Kinkaid seems to be losing about 2% points on his save percentage per start these days...so only about 23 more starts until he reaches Schneider. Seems doable to me.
My observations from being at the game:
- Our D play a very risky game in all 3 zones. This is absolutely systems/coaching. It's very much a high risk/high rewards style of play. When your d-core is a mix of average, inexperienced, and/or aging players, and your goalie tandem is among the worst in the league, this is going to backfire in spectacular fashion. Hence many games like tonight's. I question whether this is a winning strategy long-term even with a better group of D. Winning teams have structure, something that is not apparent with this so-called system. AHL-level coaching.
- Severson is not a good defenseman. There has been ZERO improvement in play in his own end, and only marginal development of his offense. His pros do not outweigh his cons, at least not by any significant margin. If he can be traded as part of a package to upgrade the D or for a 2C, Ray should pull the trigger.
- Coleman is a very good player. He should be given time in the top 6, especially now with our playoff chances basically over.
- The Sabres played a mediocre game. Their fans around me seemed impressed but they are blinded by their bias. They have a legit first line and a legit #1 d-man but the rest of that roster is filled with unknowns and junk. They are exactly the type of team that will take a big step back next season if they don't continue making improvements to the roster.
- Overall it was fun to be in another team's arena (my first road game). Building was full but atmosphere was not as raucous as the Rock when it is full. I think our in-game arena experience/atmosphere is underrated.
Well, at least we can listen to Stanton Moore lay down a groove.
One guy was arguing with himself, did not understand what happened, very odd
He's looked as bad as Schneider ever since Schneider has been out on IR.
Almost every other goal looks like one he could have or should have stopped and that's about what it was like with Schneider.
I wonder what his save percentage is since Cory has been on the IR?
Oh my, his save percentage is .853% since Cory has been on the IR (not since Cory last played, but since Cory last backed up and dressed) and he's allowing goals that look poor on my eyes at a near identical rate as to what Cory was allowing when he's played this season.
So .001 better than Schneider was. Feels right to me. Just trash. Both of them.
Fortunately for him, Jake Allen allowed two terrible softies tonight, so Kinkaid isn't tied with Craig Anderson and Jake Allen for the league lead in softies against. It would have been a three way tie if Allen didn't allow 2 terrible softies himself. Jake Allen is the first to hit 30 this year.
Anderson hasn't been as bad, he just plays on the worst team in the league. He's allowed 11 more goals than Kinkaid, but has a better save percentage by a bit.
Its okay to be wrong sometimes you know, like Seney trying to mess with Bogosian
Well, at least we're better than somebody.
Our GAA is pretty awful too I believe.
No they both believe it. They think Keith should be a starter and none of this is his fault.
Was expecting it to end up like Budd Dwyer's last press conference.
ya, i posted that in haste…..in hindsight it wasnt the best timing.
we couldnt be that lucky.
Skipped out after the 1st period.
I put the 1st 3 goals on Kinkaid, I don’t care if Skinner picked his corner on the 1st.
The 4th goal we didn’t have a chance since Butcher decided to not know how to play D and take neither the shooter or the passing lane.
It was an exaggeration
the team is bad but last night was the first time it looked like them just giving up. going to be a long second half
They've given up before but yeah, after the two charmin soft goals they were done. This is what I was talking about a few weeks ago. If they lose fine, but at least have effort, which they didn't and usually don't in these type of games. I can deal with losing if the effort is there.
they’ve gotten blown out before but it just felt like coming out after losing in vegas, they played like they had nothing on the line. the game was over long before it was 5-1. just mentally checked out
Separate names with a comma.