Podcast (Audio) Rumun Ndur

Khall9

Apr 28, 2021
Really fun interview this week with former Sabres defenseman and fighter Rumun Ndur. Rumun was also the first Nigerian born NHL player. He tells some great stories from his hockey career. He talks about winning the Calder Cup with Rochester, playing for a young John Tortorella. He talks about playing with Gretzky and what it was like being there for his final game. Rooming with Adam Graves on the road and he talks about playing in front of two legendary goalies in Dominik Hasek and Mike Richter. Rumun is one of the nicest guys in hockey and is now coaching youth hockey.
‎The Broadway Hat Podcast: Ep. 29- Rumun Ndur on Apple Podcasts

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Really fun interview this week with former Sabres defenseman and fighter Rumun Ndur. Rumun was also the first Nigerian born NHL player. He tells some great stories from his hockey career. He talks about winning the Calder Cup with Rochester, playing for a young John Tortorella. He talks about playing with Gretzky and what it was like being there for his final game. Rooming with Adam Graves on the road and he talks about playing in front of two legendary goalies in Dominik Hasek and Mike Richter. Rumun is one of the nicest guys in hockey and is now coaching youth hockey.
‎The Broadway Hat Podcast: Ep. 29- Rumun Ndur on Apple Podcasts

thanks for this

Reactions: Khall9

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Saw him play on that Calder winning team. Holzinger's 3rd period scoring heroics, Shields' ability to stop pucks, Craig Cherron being found money all season. Yet it was Melanson's hit on Zednik that remains my favorite moment of that playoff run. Like the sound of dropping an equipment bag from a third floor window, it changed how the Pirates played the rest of the series IMO.

Reactions: jBuds and Khall9

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Thank you for sharing this. I was a small kid during this run and my parents brought me to the games and I ended up with one of his game sticks one way or another (to young to really remember how) and I ended up wrecking it playing street hockey all summer long with it lol. Stick had to have been twice my own height but I loved it and have always as a result loved him as a player.

Khall9

Apr 28, 2021
Thank you for sharing this. I was a small kid during this run and my parents brought me to the games and I ended up with one of his game sticks one way or another (to young to really remember how) and I ended up wrecking it playing street hockey all summer long with it lol. Stick had to have been twice my own height but I loved it and have always as a result loved him as a player.
One of the nicest guys in the world off the ice, but he was a nasty sob on the ice.

Khall9

Apr 28, 2021
Cool clip from the episode of Rumun talking about playing in Gretzky's final game.

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
Ndur was one of my go-to players for physical play in one of the EA NHL games. Can't remember which one. I remember he was like a 50-60 rating but could truck people.

'Nyways, I always enjoy listening to Rumun, he has some very interesting insights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad