Speculation: Rumours/Speculation/General Discussion XVI - Be a GM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I sure wouldn't want to be on the disciplinary committee on this one. First they have to determine intent, no easy task. Then decide on punishment. If he gets more than 10 games, the NHLPA will no doubt appeal and if it's less than 10, the refs Union will be up in arms. Uncomfortable situation all around.

Hence why it's going to be ten.

Not sure if it's common knowledge as I've refused to wade into the thread on the main forum but at the very least the linesman is concussed.

Source: he's a buddy of a coworker who refs WHL

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
He's quite good at hockey and we like him. We also have only just recently acquired a small modicum of prospect depth at the defence position. We are not in a rush to go back to the dark ages of Pardy and Pelech.

You guys want Hagg?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

He's the only quality RHS offensive defencemen prospect in the system. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Now, if a deal can be made around one of Wotherspoon/Culkin/Morrison, then maybe the Flames show some interest.
What would you guys think of E. Gelinas for Granlund?

Proposed it on the trade board and Devils fans seemed to like it.
I'd do it if three of Russell, Wideman, Engelland and Smid found new homes between now and the start of next season.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
He's the only quality RHS offensive defencemen prospect in the system. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Now, if a deal can be made around one of Wotherspoon/Culkin/Morrison, then maybe the Flames show some interest.

I'd do it if three of Russell, Wideman, Engelland and Smid found new homes between now and the start of next season.

They're no where good enough to get you Lindblom or NAK

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Well it is the All-star Break and the fun really begins here.

Calgary's Trade Bait:

UFA's:
Ramo - Probably could expect a 3rd round pick or a B level prospect
Hiller - Part of a package to obtain a goaltender (No real value)
Hudler - Similar return as Vermette last year
Russell - 2 nd round pick
Jones - 3rd round pick or a B Level prospect

RFA's: (Will be packaged to obtain pieces)
Colborne
Jooris
Granlund
Wotherspoon
Shore
Grant
Agosinto
Ortio

Others:
Sieloff
Elson

These are the players in play IMO the Flames might consider moving providing Trevling likes the return.

Trevling Might consider moving a second and/or a third draft pick for an A chip prospect that will be in the lineup in 2 years.

Not all these players will be moved but are in play.

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
They're no where good enough to get you Lindblom or NAK

Then there's no deal to be made.

It should be pretty clear that Treliving values Andersson highly; after all, he's already signed him to ELC. And if Andersson's fitness level was anywhere close to where it should be, he might have made the Flames roster out of camp over Kulak. He was that good.

It's terribly unlikely the Flames will move Andersson anytime soon unless the return is seriously out of this world. Lindbolm or Hagg don't qualify.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I think Frederik Andersen will be traded in the off season and the Flames will be all over it. Reason being Gibson has proven himself this year, and is already extended to a cheap contract. Rather then paying big dollars to Andersen to be a #1b they will want to use that money to get scoring.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Just throwing something out there.

I will preface this by saying I do not feel this is a good idea, nor do I think it was deliberate.

Should Wideman be suspended for the 20 games (or more) and the management group feels it was intentional, do you think it is a possibility Wideman could be bought out at season's end?

A buyout would carry a cap hit of $1,250,000 next year and $2,000,000 the following year. Due to his contract being back loaded year 1 of the buyout is almost as low as buying out Smid.
No.

Wideman will likely have some value at the trade deadline next year (to the Flames if they're in the hunt for playoffs, or others if they're out) Smid probably won't.

Would rather just buy out Smid.

I think Frederik Andersen will be traded in the off season and the Flames will be all over it. Reason being Gibson has proven himself this year, and is already extended to a cheap contract. Rather then paying big dollars to Andersen to be a #1b they will want to use that money to get scoring.
Offer sheet. :sarcasm:

Wait did he sign an extension already? Edit: NVM, you're talking about Gibson.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
That he is. Probably still wouldn't do it though.

Honest question though, why would Philly be interested in another d-man?....

They dont have any good RHD prospects except for Myers and Friedman
Now that i think about the flyers need both lindblom and NAK

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

I've never liked Andersen. I think he's a product of the Ducks defence. I'm still in favour for a two year 7.5 million deal for Ramo.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I've never liked Andersen. I think he's a product of the Ducks defence. I'm still in favour for a two year 7.5 million deal for Ramo.

If we resign Ramo it should be one year. Too streaky to be stuck to for multiple years in my opinion.

And Anderson won't be traded to a division rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad