Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Oh Gord, I Preferred The Silence | Seravalli: Mike Smith $2M 1YR Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
If you can’t understand context for some in division trades I can’t help you.

Your no where near a point. You just want argue for the sake of arguing and then start name calling when people disagree.

I don’t have any more time for people who resort to sealioning.

Just like those people who resort to the lazy defense of "inter-divisional" trades don't happen. Which was my original point that I was making fun of before you decided you had to stick your nose in there and lose badly haha.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
No we really can’t. We need those guys to come in so we can actually start trading from a position of strength.

Agreed, the last thing the oilers franchise needs to do is trade away players they actually took the time to develop. We were looking for good dmen for 13 years since pronger left, and its possible we will be able to assemble a d core that is among the best in the league, if all goes well, in about 3 years time, completely homegrown

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Who would you put there instead? He's literally our only signed winger with goals in the double digits

Yeah, but last year he scored 7 goals in the previous 2 seasons and was a healthy scratch+trade bait in November.

Who plays there doesn't matter. It could be Nygard, or Gamberdella, or Benson, or a rock with a face painted on it. The rotation has always found someone with chemistry for McDavid and it's never once had to be an established top six forward.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
So if we don't get Nyquist, are we screwed?

Him and Stralman are the last that I'd be spending money and mid-term on.

Otherwise... keep the capspace available and flexible for next year. Give guys that need rebound opportunities like Brassard a chance to regain some OTT/NYR form. See if you can coax an NHL player/campaign out of Pirri. etc.

Reactions: Apathetic and 780il

North

Jun 25, 2009
This team needed trades, not free agents. What a disaster the Holland era is turning out to be.

Oilers are going to be comically bad next season.

Who are we trading that anybody wants and we could realistically trade without giving up other assets?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I always thought this summer was set up better for trades, not free agents.

Tons of the free agents have massive question marks attached.

The question is what assets can they use?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Him and Stralman are the last that I'd be spending money and mid-term on.

Otherwise... keep the capspace available and flexible for next year. Give guys that need rebound opportunities like Brassard a chance to regain some OTT/NYR form. See if you can coax an NHL player/campaign out of Pirri. etc.

I'd probably put some calls in on Ferlund and see where that number is, but the FA options are scarier than they are quality right now.

Reactions: Soli and Seachd

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I’m not the biggest Russell fan but the team isn’t exactly swimming with NHL defenders right now.

I am not the biggest Russell fan either but his ability to play RD and LD and his durability increase his value to this team. At least for now. If he isnt traded this off season then he will most certainly traded next off season IMO.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
This Leafs/Sens trade has to be a lie, you can NOT make in-division trades in the NHL. It has been declared by HF Oil and it is true.

NHL easily voids it.
NO.. It's Leafs and the NHL needs a story in the world so it will happen

Reactions: EagerPug

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'd probably put some calls in on Ferlund and see where that number is, but the FA options are scarier than they are quality right now.

I have time for Ferlund. Wouldnt mind seeing him play against the Flames 6 times a year.

Reactions: HumbleEgomaniac

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This team needed trades, not free agents. What a disaster the Holland era is turning out to be.

Oilers are going to be comically bad next season.

We haven’t even played the first preseason game in the “Holland Era” yet. Pretty early for that prognostication.

It’s not looking great so far but let’s wait and see what the actual opening day roster looks like before declaring Holland to be a disaster.

Just because he didn’t stupidly overpay for overrated FAs doesn’t mean he’s finished.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Much better than I expected, a little longer than I'd be comfortable with if i were a canucks fan, but 6m is probably market value for him.

Omg.. WHY didn't we get him for that?? The canucks... the CANUCKS got him for that?? why didn't we at least try for him??

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Omg.. WHY didn't we get him for that?? The canucks... the CANUCKS got him for that?? why didn't we at least try for him??

Sarcasm?

Tyler Myers is a turnstyle. They've been living in fear of this contract for like a week on the Canucks board.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
We haven’t even played the first preseason game in the “Holland Era” yet. Pretty early for that prognostication.

It’s not looking great so far but let’s wait and see what the actual opening day roster looks like before declaring Holland to be a disaster.

Just because he didn’t stupidly overpay for overrated FAs doesn’t mean he’s finished.

The significant trading period has passed by, not going to see much action going forward imo. Historically there's a dozen trades league wide from end of June to pre-season.

Looks like the org put their bets on free agents but like what's happened before, we're at the end of everyone's list of desired destinations. Just used by agents to drive up their clients contracts in bids.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I always thought this summer was set up better for trades, not free agents.

Tons of the free agents have massive question marks attached.

The question is what assets can they use?

Just attach JP with Lucic and dump them somewhere out East. Get a prospect or hell, even a pick. Just get Lucic out of here

Neither seem to want to be here anyway

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Just attach JP with Lucic and dump them somewhere out East. Get a prospect or hell, even a pick. Just get Lucic out of here

Neither seem to want to be here anyway

Yeah, no, Jesse Puljujarvi is nowhere near what it would take to get someone to take Lucic - probably even with massive salary retention.

It took a first round pick for Toronto to get Carolina to take one year of Patrick Marleau and they WANTED him as a player.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The significant trading period has passed by, not going to see much action going forward imo. Historically there's a dozen trades league wide from end of June to pre-season.

Looks like the org put their bets on free agents but like what's happened before, we're at the end of everyone's list of desired destinations. Just used by agents to drive up their clients contracts in bids.

Ryan O'Reilly got traded on July 1 last year.

Your 2nd paragraph though is correct.

Reactions: KYams17

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If you can’t understand context for some in division trades I can’t help you.

You’re no where near a point. You just want argue for the sake of arguing and then start name calling when people disagree.

I don’t have any more time for people who resort to sealioning.

Sealioning? I cant say that I have ever heard that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->