• 8 Skaters - 1 Goaler

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't see you getting Nurse and a 14th pick for OEL in this environment because of his contract and age. It's possible he bounces back but for that return to be a win for the Oilers he would absolutely need to return to his best game. How often does that happen for a player his age. Maybe you get a year or two at that level but it is hard to see the Oiler's winning that trade.

Larsson, 2021 1st and Samorukov would be my offer from the Oilers perspective which I know would not make you happy. To make this work you would have to flip Larsson with something to try and get some sort of futures.
OEL and Fischer and the rights to Hall for Kassian, Russell, the 20 1st and the 21 1st. You get to keep Nurse and Bouchard and Broberg.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That is perfectly reasonable. In fact I am not sure why it does not happen more often.

I thought there might be something in the CBA that prevents trading or retaining on a deal that was signed in the same year as the trade.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
OEL and Fischer and the rights to Hall for Kassian, Russell, the 20 1st and the 21 1st. You get to keep Nurse and Bouchard and Broberg.

I'd go as far as

Nurse / 1st / Chiasson / Larsson

for

OEL / Hall "re-signed" and retained / Fischer

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I thought there might be something in the CBA that prevents trading or retaining on a deal that was signed in the same year as the trade.
Yeah. Not sure why “rights” get traded so often. Why not agree to a sign and trade? It’s never happened in the NHL (at least not on the last 20yrs I can recall).

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah. Not sure why “rights” get traded so often. Why not agree to a sign and trade? It’s never happened in the NHL (at least not on the last 20yrs I can recall).

Your guess is as good as mine.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There's no way Hall signs anything.

He wants to exercise his UFA status and pick his destination. He saw how Tavares was wined and dined, and probably sick of being tossed around the bottom of the league.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

He wants to exercise his UFA status and pick his destination. He saw how Tavares was wined and dined, and probably sick of being tossed around the bottom of the league.

Good luck to him being wined and dined in this offseason. This is a brutal year to be a free agent.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

I think the plan would be for Arizona to allow Hall to talk to a team, agree to a contract and then sign that deal with the Yote's who would then trade him to the other team with retention.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'd think Broberg would be available in an OEL trade.

We'd like you to take Russell but his NTC can block half the league. I don't think he's going to Arizona, no offense. But you never know.

Another interesting piece is Anathasiou. If you are willing to qualify him at 3 million he would be a great project.

Another project we have is Puljujarvi.

As an Oiler fan, I can tell you there is something freeing about being at the bottom because you have cap space, and you can take on some of these projects

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'd go as far as

Nurse / 1st / Chiasson / Larsson

for

OEL / Hall "re-signed" and retained / Fischer
So you'd be adding around $2m this year, then about $8m, then $14m+ every year beyond. I'm not sure our cap would work for very long. :laugh:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So you'd be adding around $2m this year, then about $8m, then $14m+ every year beyond. I'm not sure our cap would work for very long. :laugh:

I'd also dump Kassian after, then Russell is gone the year after.

I also would trade AA.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Why would we want him on the right side? Even if he works there, he'd be less effective (ie Russell). If OEL is coming just keep Bear and Larsson.
If you keep all three of Nurse Klefbom and OEL on the left how do you distribute the minutes? At $8.25M OEL better be playing 24-25 Minutes a night. Ideally you want your best players to play a lot.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If you keep all three of Nurse Klefbom and OEL on the left how do you distribute the minutes? At $8.25M OEL better be playing 24-25 Minutes a night. Ideally you want your best players to play a lot.
well obviously we would be trading one of Nurse or Klefbom, in that trade or a separate one. But if not, I'd but the less finesse player on his off hand (ie Klef or Nurse, not OEL)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
2020-21:

Hall - McDavid - Ennis
RNH - Drai - Yamamoto
Nygard - Haas - Fischer
Archibald - Khaira - Neal

OEL - Bear
Klefbom - Jones
Russell - Benning

You could theoretically sign someone like Tanev to play RD too.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
2020-21:

Hall - McDavid - Ennis
RNH - Drai - Yamamoto
Nygard - Haas - Fischer
Archibald - Khaira - Neal

OEL - Bear
Klefbom - Jones
Russell - Benning

You could theoretically sign someone like Tanev to play RD too.
I still say Russell is tradeable, somewhere in the league.

Keep Larsson there, and let Jones anchor the 3rd pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad