Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | ChaoticOrange: "The man you're looking for is Joel Persson"

Is Joel Perrson the man you're looking for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It's been commonly reported. It's also well known that the Stromes and Mcdavids are close family friends. Mcdavid bunked with Caggiula on road trips and JP was quoted talking about how he likes playing with Strome and the bond they've developed. But hey, you go girl!

That was the kicker.

Both Lucic and Pulju somehow miraculously looked like NHLers when they were playing with Strome.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
benefit more from playing with McDavid than others since his numbers fall into the toilet when he's not with 97
Except they don’t. Source? His career numbers.
So what? Again: is there anything in Kris Russell's body of work to suggest he drives that number? Even his most ardent defender would admit he does nothing to tilt the ice the other way, so your contention has to be he's just so damn good at defending that the other team simply can't get a sniff when he's out there which, let's be real, doesn't pass them smell test.
Let’s be real here if he was such a god awful defender as his Corsi suggests I would think he would be outscored by a pretty good margin over a nearly 800 game sample size no?

I mean going off Corsi and fenwick Milan Lucic was one of our most effective forwards this year. Which is more of a reach?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Could be part of it, but the drop was pretty dramatic, 12 pts in 2 more games :laugh:

Nash might not have been a fit, which we've all seen can happen.

I didnt pay enough attention to know if his ice time was cut due to poor production or if the cut in ice time caused the poor production.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
In the first 20 games of the year the only line that didn't piss away the advantage that McDavid gave us was the 3rd line. The only consistent member on that line was Strome

The Spooner trade was so unnecessary

I think Strome had 0 5x5 goals scored against the team when he was on the ice up until he was traded. The way this team is set up the bottom 3 lines need to keep the other team off the score sheet then let the Mcdavid line do it's job. The Strome line was doing it's job.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That was the kicker.

Both Lucic and Pulju somehow miraculously looked like NHLers when they were playing with Strome.
Then the other kicker of how we had to play Brodziak and Cave as 3C's as Spooner and Gagner were no longer centers. As well Khaira was better on the wing and we decided to play a young player out of position confusing him like we've done so many times before.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Did McDavid so something to Chia? Trades way two of his friends and brings in a guy that broke his collarbone.

Like WTF?

The saddest part was how McDavid felt like he had to call Manning to reassure him that he was glad to have him on board and that he felt Manning could help the team.

Feel bad for McDavid on that one. Good show of leadership, but goodness, that's a bad spot to put your franchise guy in. And probably a hit to McDavid's reputation if he wants a future as a pro scout :)

"Hmmm...let's see here...Our research showed that you once told Brandon Manning that he could help an NHL team win... I'm sorry, that is disqualifying for this job"

Reactions: joestevens29

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
The saddest part was how McDavid felt like he had to call Manning to reassure him that he was glad to have him on board and that he felt Manning could help the team.

Feel bad for McDavid on that one. Good show of leadership, but goodness, that's a bad spot to put your franchise guy in. And probably a hit to McDavid's reputation if he wants a future as a pro scout :)

"Hmmm...let's see here...Our research showed that you once told Brandon Manning that he could help an NHL team win... I'm sorry, that is disqualifying for this job"

If you think the standards are that high for an NHL pro scout you haven't watched the Oilers for the past 15 years

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
A question we don't talk about on here is how if the Oilers miss the playoffs again, what happens with RNH in the summer?

He'll have one year left on his deal and if I were him, I wouldn't want to re-sign just yet.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
A question we don't talk about on here is how if the Oilers miss the playoffs again, what happens with RNH in the summer?

He'll have one year left on his deal and if I were him, I wouldn't want to re-sign just yet.
I suspect if the Oilers aren't in playoff contention, Nuge might be a deadline deal.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Seems like a real non-issue. Kid was born in New York and played for the National Team. Not shocking he found a way to get onto an New York team.

Amazing to me how Harbinson continues to recruit so many guys out of the USA to come play in BC.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Someone should take a look and see if we can make a team of all ex-oilers for development camp. I'm sure there is probably enough of them kicking around by now.

Heck the way Comrie was back in the day he might have a whole team living in Edmonton that he doesn't know about.

Reactions: oobga

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Except they don’t. Source? His career numbers.

Dude we have three years of data from him in Edmonton showing exactly that.

Let’s be real here if he was such a god awful defender as his Corsi suggests I would think he would be outscored by a pretty good margin over a nearly 800 game sample size no?

He's a career minus player at 5 on 5.

I mean going off Corsi and fenwick Milan Lucic was one of our most effective forwards this year. Which is more of a reach?

Are you saying zeroing in on one specific stat might not give you a full picture of a player? Hmmm.

Reactions: Elias GOATtersson

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Someone should take a look and see if we can make a team of all ex-oilers for development camp. I'm sure there is probably enough of them kicking around by now.

Heck the way Comrie was back in the day he might have a whole team living in Edmonton that he doesn't know about.

Took a quick look and saw Danny Weight, Nathan Staios, Tim Marchant, Kirill Ulanov and Liam Guerin.

Reactions: oobga
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->