Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Rattie to EDM, Oesterle to CHI, Pitlick to DAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Pitlick showed promise but at this point, he's more fragile than glass.

How many people would have honestly given the guy three years considering his injury history?

nice guy, hard worker, but glad he's moved on. I would have offered him 1 year at 700,000. 3 years? no way.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Well to counter all the *****ing and moaning about Russell... everytime I see that in a thread I'll post the obvious as well...

The Oilers are happy to have Russell as he's an excellent top 4 dman signed up for the next 4 years at a solid cap hit.

Chai and McLellan obviously like that signing and want him here... which makes perfect sense as he's a very good and underrated dman.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
So who got better in the West this offseason so far? Dallas, Arizona, Calgary?

I would agree but add Nashville, but would say Min, Chicago and pending on thorty and Marluea SJ got Worse

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Of course he wants security. I don't blame Russell at all for wanting that.

It still doesn't help the Oilers, the other half of this equation. It's a poorly constructed contract that hampers their ability to move it.

It still helps the Oilers, the other half of this equation. It's a well constructed contract that improves their ability to move it.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Ferrence had a full NMC and controlled any type of transaction whether it be trade, waivers, or demotion. Russell doesn't have that ability in the final 2 years. He submits a 10 team list July 1st of 2019 and a 15 team list in 2020. The Oilers are free to deal him to any team on those lists at that point.

My point is Russell still has the NMC so waivers/demotion still can't be used on his final years. I'm saying that the NTC is too restrictive in that if we can't find 10-15 teams we can't bury him/but him out

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Michael Del Zotto signed 2 years in Vancouver for $3M per. Damn. Would've much rather done that than sign Russell 4x4. Del Zotto would've been a perfect stop-gap at that term and money. :(

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

It still helps the Oilers, the other half of this equation. It's a well constructed contract that improves their ability to move it.

How? You're taking trade targets off the board. I think I can safely say that not every team wants a declining Kris Russell in the back half of his contract. Some might, but if they're on his no-trade list then too bad.

Part of him signing here is security. There was a little give and take, a very nice deal IMO.

But it doesn't help the Oilers that much. Yes it's nice to have him and for 2 years I'd have absolutely no issues with it. Unfortunately Russell had all the leverage with Sekera's injury.

North

Jun 25, 2009
That's the key word. It's not unmovable but it's not easy to deal with either. Those NTCs hamper the ability to move it.

This is being disingenuous. If it was a full NMC it would hamper any movement.

The modified one allows for flexibility by the nature of actually being modified.

The only way it's a problem is if the Oil try to move him to a team he doesn't want to go to but with a list they already have the info they need to know what's acceptable and what isn't.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
My point is Russell still has the NMC so waivers/demotion still can't be used on his final years. I'm saying that the NTC is too restrictive in that if we can't find 10-15 teams we can't bury him/but him out
Why would Russell need to go to the minors or waivers, at worst he is bottom pairing on any team in the league.

North

Jun 25, 2009

:shakehead

Keep pushing the negativity.

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
Just read that Andrei Markov isn't getting any 2 year offers. He would be a nice pick up if he's not going back to Montreal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->