Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Rattie to EDM, Oesterle to CHI, Pitlick to DAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
We couldn't hold on to one of Pitlick or Oesterle?

Why? :dunno:

That confuses me. They both are nhl players today not ahl.

I can't remember if it was tweeted or mentioned on radio, but I believe Pitlick was keen on a new opportunity.

He's an American who's entire career in Edmonton was riddled with injuries.

Maybe Oesterle also got sick of been passed up on deserving chances?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
But they still have to want him. He's going to be declining in those years and his cap hit might steer them away.

He's still limiting the Oilers ability to trade him in the part of his contract where we would want to deal him.

I just don't understand why 4 years was necessary for him.

Because as we see on the open market, a lesser player in Alzner (1 year younger) got more term and $.

Russell wanted security.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
I can't remember if it was tweeted or mentioned on radio, but I believe Pitlick was keen on a new opportunity.

He's an American who's entire career in Edmonton was riddled with injuries.

Maybe Oesterle also got sick of been passed up on deserving chances?

I would say this looks about right to me. No one wants buried in the depth charts and Pitty just wants to shake off the bad luck somewhere else

Both great depth guys, both easily replaceable

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Because as we see on the open market, a lesser player in Alzner (1 year younger) got more term and $.

Russell wanted security.

Of course he wants security. I don't blame Russell at all for wanting that.

It still doesn't help the Oilers, the other half of this equation. It's a poorly constructed contract that hampers their ability to move it.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
tsn is so stupid with offer sheets. offer 11 million well thats bad for all

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
But Russell has a full NMC. Look at the capfriendly link, its there for all 4 years. Its a mac t move because Chia gave him a full NMC for all 4 years. NTC is completely different from it

He does not have a full NMC, you need to go and re read capfriendly. He submits a 10 team list in 19/20 and a 15 team list in 20/21

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I would say this looks about right to me. No one wants buried in the depth charts and Pitty just wants to shake off the bad luck somewhere else

Both great depth guys, both easily replaceable
Yup pretty much...really liked Potluck but he plays really reckless, which is part of the reason I liked him but doesn't really help him healthwise.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
No YOU dont get it, you guys are confusing NTCs with NMCs and it's insane lol

Ferrence had a full NMC and controlled any type of transaction whether it be trade, waivers, or demotion. Russell doesn't have that ability in the final 2 years. He submits a 10 team list July 1st of 2019 and a 15 team list in 2020. The Oilers are free to deal him to any team on those lists at that point.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Of course he wants security. I don't blame Russell at all for wanting that.

It still doesn't help the Oilers, the other half of this equation. It's a poorly constructed contract that hampers their ability to move it.
This is absolutely incorrect.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Ferrence had a full NMC and controlled any type of transaction whether it be trade, waivers, or demotion. Russell doesn't have that ability in the final 2 years. He submits a 10 team list July 1st of 2019 and a 15 team list in 2020. The Oilers are free to deal him to any team on those lists at that point.

Careful. The truth isn't welcome around here these days :laugh:

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
He's been unmentioned today, but I'd have a ton of interest in Hansen.

If you can avoid the silly money (say get him on a 7.5 over 3 years) I'd love him as a replacement for Pouliot.

Slepyshev/Lucic-Letestu-Hansen
Caggiula-Khaira-Kassian

Perhaps add a McClement or Gordon on a cheap contract or PTO to push Khaira and I'd really like that bottom 6.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
LOL this first idiot. 'Let's say you're Calgary, why wouldn't you do it?'

They don't have the picks, moron.

:laugh:

Nobody has mentioned yet that the GM's don't want to escalate the values of star players league-wide, which is what happened with second contracts after the Oilers did it years ago.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

If you can avoid the silly money (say get him on a 7.5 over 3 years) I'd love him as a replacement for Pouliot.

Caggiula-Khaira-Kassian

Perhaps add a McClement or Gordon on a cheap contract or PTO to push Khaira and I'd really like that bottom 6.
Hansen isn't a free agent.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

Caggiula-Khaira-Kassian

If you're talking about Jannik Hansen he's not a free agent.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So who got better in the West this offseason so far? Dallas, Arizona, Calgary?

North

Jun 25, 2009
No YOU dont get it, you guys are confusing NTCs with NMCs and it's insane lol

What's insane is you being the only one unwilling to acknowledge the flexibility in the final two years even with the NMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->