Rumor: Rumours & Proposals | Chia Talk Ban | Oilers Sign KHL G Mikko Koskinen, What's Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I think this team will be back in the playoffs next season with a few small moves.

- replace the assistant coaches

- find a 1B to push Talbot

- small trades and UFA signings to get more speed on the wings

We have potential internal help on the wings with Yamamoto, Benson or the 2018 1st being NHL ready next season.

RNH-Mcdavid-xxx
Lucic-Draisaitl-JP
Slepy-Strome-Yamamoto/Benson/2018 1st
Cagiula-Khaira-Kassian

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Sekera
Russel-xxx

Talbot
xxx

xxx= Hoffman, Athanasiou, or Grabner
switch out Klefbom for someone like Faulk or OEL if Possible.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Your last few posts read like you have some insider info...

So we're after Karlsson and Hoffman. I'm guessing the starting pieces are Klefbom and 2018 1st.

Shot in the dark, the other pieces are 2019 1st, a conditional 2nd, and one of Yams/Puljujarvi.

I heard it a few weeks ago, and it was too big to share without some sort of validation, but the media and then Nicholson have been making me more and more confident in it. I didn’t hear what the exact ask was, but it didn’t involve Drai. I’m not saying it will go down. Just that there’s been talks.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Ottawa does have a putrid defense and the Phaneuf trade makes me wonder if it was done to set up their next deal. Is it possible they could take back both Klefbom and Sekera (if he'd waive) in a deal for Karlsson and Hoffman? We'd have to add a bunch of futures like our next two 1sts and one of Pulju/Yams. Possibly more.

If it was Karlsson + Hoffman for Klefbom and Sekera, most I'd give up is a 2nd this year, 1st next year and their choice in Strome, Slepyshev or Caggiula.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That would be huge, but I don't know how we keep up moving forward. We'd almost certainly need to convince Sekera to waive his NTC, which as was mentioned before, is possible.

Hoffman - McDavid - Pulujarvi
Lucic - Draisaitl - ???
Cagguila - RNH - Strome
Pakarinen - Khaira - Kassian

Still leaves us needing two middle six wingers, as sad as that is. I don't want Pakarinen in the lineup every day.

Nurse - Karlsson
Russell - Larsson
Davidson - Benning (or Bear if he surprises and is ready)

Convince Sekera to waive - I think we could find a taker for him., Convince Lucic to waive and flip him to Florida for Bjugstad - with Tallon in charge they'll value Lucic's toughness and leadership. Retain so contracts are even.

Bring Tkachev over from the KHL. Sign Grabner as a free agent.

Hoffman-McDavid-Draisaitl
Tkachev-RNH-Grabner
Strome-Bjugstad-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Khaira-Kassian
Slepy/Pak

Nurse-Karlsson
Russell-Larsson
Davidson-Benning

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I heard it a few weeks ago, and it was too big to share without some sort of validation, but the media and then Nicholson have been making me more and more confident in it. I didn’t hear what the exact ask was, but it didn’t involve Drai. I’m not saying it will go down. Just that there’s been talks.

Interesting. Well if we can land Hoffman and Karlsson without giving up Draisaitl or Nurse in the package I think we'd really have to have a hard look at it.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Convince Sekera to waive - I think we could find a taker for him., Convince Lucic to waive and flip him to Florida for Bjugstad - with Tallon in charge they'll value Lucic's toughness and leadership. Retain so contracts are even.

Bring Tkachev over from the KHL. Sign Grabner as a free agent.

Hoffman-McDavid-Draisaitl
Tkachev-RNH-Grabner
Strome-Bjugstad-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Khaira-Kassian
Slepy/Pak

Nurse-Karlsson
Russell-Larsson
Davidson-Benning
Where does Dahlin play?

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Interesting. Well if we can land Hoffman and Karlsson without giving up Draisaitl or Nurse in the package I think we'd really have to have a hard look at it.
How about lets just try to get Hoffman first. Karlsson is a pipedream

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Isn't Hoffman just another Eberle? They better not be giving up much more than a Strome type of player + maybe a 2nd/3rd

Reactions: jeg

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Could be done in a separate trade. Although moving every single potential top 6 winger we have+ 2 1sts for EK will help our defense but our scoring winger problem gets much much worse.

Team needs 1 high end D . Then we need to trade a D . RNH will probably be traded for a cheaper 3rd line C . Strome will probably have to go for space to sign a winger

XXX McD Puljujarvi
Lucic Draisaitl Yamamoto
Cagg XXX Kassian
Khaira XXX XXX

Nurse trade/UFA Karlsson
Klefbom Larsson
Davidson Bear

Hoping we keep Klefbom over Sekera base on age contract and how Klefbom looked last year . Also hoping to move Sekera and Russell . I know I am dreaming but like to keep our first this year and trade RNH + Sekera for Karlsson resigning him at 9 million per . 11.5 out 9 in lets us add a 3 c at 2.5 while carrying the same cap . Move Russells and it opens another 4 a year . Not sure Chia is capable of pulling it off

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Team needs 1 high end D . Then we need to trade a D . RNH will probably be traded for a cheaper 3rd line C . Strome will probably have to go for space to sign a winger

XXX McD Puljujarvi
Lucic Draisaitl Yamamoto
Cagg XXX Kassian
Khaira XXX XXX

Nurse trade/UFA Karlsson
Klefbom Larsson
Davidson Bear

Hoping we keep Klefbom over Sekera base on age contract and how Klefbom looked last year . Also hoping to move Sekera and Russell . I know I am dreaming but like to keep our first this year and trade RNH + Sekera for Karlsson resigning him at 9 million per . 11.5 out 9 in lets us add a 3 c at 2.5 while carrying the same cap . Move Russells and it opens another 4 a year . Not sure Chia is capable of pulling it off

Karlsson is not taking a penny less than 12, maybe 13. Secondly several teams would beat that package.

RNH and Sekera .... let's get real.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Karlsson is not taking a penny less than 12, maybe 13. Secondly several teams would beat that package.

Are you his agent ? You do not know what he will take . We can all speculate and if you read my post I said I was dreaming . The bold part I 100% agree

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
We real should not be trading a winger of Puljujarvi talent when we new weak on the wing

The more I watch Puljujarvi, the more I wonder how much more he's going to develop with the Oilers if Tmac is at the helm still. If hes the piece that nets Karlsson, then so be it

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Are you his agent ? You do not know what he will take . We can all speculate and if you read my post I said I was dreaming . The bold part I 100% agree

He's stated pretty clearly he is not taking a pay cut again. He could go as high as 14 per if he wanted to, 9 per is ridiculously low, you are going to see multiple 10+ per contracts from here on out.

Tavares, Karlsson, and Doughty will all be north of 11.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
He's stated pretty clearly he is not taking a pay cut again. He could go as high as 14 per if he wanted to, 9 per is ridiculously low, you are going to see multiple 10+ per contracts from here on out.
10M isn't exactly a paycut

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If Chia lands Karlsson and doesn't have to give up Draisatl or the 2018 1st for him I'd hail him as a national hero.

But of course that trade isn't happening.

Oh and re-sign him to a sub $10m contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->