Rumor: Rumours & Proposals - (Chia discussion will be met with a threadban)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
MOD-This is the Rumors and Proposals thread, not the "let's ***** about our GM and past trades thread". Anyone doing so will be thread banned and given a warning for thread derailing. There is already a fire Chia thread, knock yourself out in there if you want to vent about the GM.

Now onto the rumor part of this thread, Hoffman would be a solid one shot scorer for this team but I wonder what the ask would be for him. The '18 1st should be off the table as far as I'm concerned until we are close to the deadline and the team has shown that they can string some wins together.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I know it's not a popular opinion, but I'd do Yamamoto and the 2018 second for Hoff as a foundation for a deal.
We need to start pushing for that cup asap. McDavid between Hoffman and Pulju could be ridiculous.
Hoff could easily put up 40 with Connor.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
As a sniper, you could do worse than Hoffman, still though I'm not sure where a LHS fits on the PP. Who do you kick off? As much as everyone would love to say Letestu, him and and Hoffman aren't really gunning for the same spot due to their handedness...

I still think this team needs to target a couple guys that are strong at evens and on the PK, not ones that are dependent on heavy PP and offensive usage to look good.

I'd love swapping Maroon, Letestu, and even Cammy, and Caggiula out for guys like Sobotka, Hanson, Helm, Jarnkrok, Stalberg, Haglin, Winnik, Thompson, Ect.

My ideal lineup is still...

Lucic-McDavid-Pulju
_____-RNH-Draisaitl
Khaira-Strome-Slepyshev
_____-_____-Kassian

Get me someone like Sobotka for that 2nd line LW spot, and say T. Mitchell and N. Thompson for the 4th line and I'm happy.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
How does the whole retention thing work again with the cap?

Let's say the Sens retained 2 million of Hoffman's salary for the life of the contract. Does the entire original caphit (5 mill I believe) still affect the Oilers cap budget or just what was acquired with the player (approximately 3 mill)?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Let's say the Sens retained 2 million of Hoffman's salary for the life of the contract. Does the entire original caphit (5 mill I believe) still affect the Oilers cap budget or just what was acquired with the player (approximately 3 mill)?
$3 million

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton

The Sens aren't trading Hoffman and retaining salary. Not going to happen. The only reason to trade him is to reduce salary cause their owner is pinching pennies.

Reactions: Stud Muffin

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Yeah I'd be fine with Yama + 2nd for Hoffman but the 1st is a no go.

Maroon-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Hoffman-Draisaitl-Strome
Lucic-RNH-Cammalleri

Pretty nice top 9 right there

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
What level of winger does Strome, Caggiula, and a 2nd/3rd round pick get you? Is that Hoffman territory?

I do agree with Dazed and Confused in that Hoffman might not be as great of a fit on the PP as we might like to think, and that's his bread and butter. Simmonds would be ideal to replace Lucic on PP#1 in front of the net, with Puljujarvi taking Letestu's spot. We still really need a RHD and a Woodcroft firing to make the PP formidable though.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
$3 million

Thanks Del.

The Sens aren't trading Hoffman and retaining salary. Not going to happen. The only reason to trade him is to reduce salary cause their owner is pinching pennies.

I was using this current rumor as an example for the question I had. However, based on the thread title....if all is being discussed is futures and prospects, Chiarelli is going to have to coax them into retaining some of it based on the Oilers cap situation going forward if no salary is going back to Ottawa.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Go Karlsson + Hoffman for Draisaitl, 1st 2018, Bear, Yamamoto.

Make it worth our while.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Strome, Caggiula, 2018 2nd for Simmonds

RNH for Faulk. Flip Faulk + Klefbom + Bear + Benson + 2018 1st and 2019 2nd for Karlsson and Pageau.

Lucic McDavid Puljujarvi
Khaira Draisaitl Simmonds
Maroon Pageau Kassian
Walker Letestu Slepy

Sekera Karlsson
Nurse Larsson
Russell Benning

Talbot
Brossoit

1st unit PP would be insane. McDavid, Drai, Simmonds, Pulju, Karlsson. Pure fantasty lol.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

RNH for Faulk. Flip Faulk + Klefbom + Bear + Benson + 2018 1st and 2019 2nd for Karlsson and Pageau.

Lucic McDavid Puljujarvi
Maroon Pageau Kassian
Walker Letestu Slepy

Sekera Karlsson
Nurse Larsson
Russell Benning

Talbot
Brossoit

1st unit PP would be insane. McDavid, Drai, Simmonds, Pulju, Karlsson. Pure fantasty lol.
Dont post that on the main boards please, that is so far lopsided in our favor .

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

Lucic McDavid Puljujarvi
Maroon Pageau Kassian
Walker Letestu Slepy

Sekera Karlsson
Nurse Larsson
Russell Benning

Talbot
Brossoit

In what world has a player EVER returned a packagae of Faulk, Klefbom, a rising prospect in Bear and Benson, plus another 1st rounder and a 2nd. This proposal is STUPID.

Reactions: Samus44

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I keep thinking about Ceci and Hoffman on the oilers with Klefbom and something going to the Sens

What would our D look like then?

Nurse-Larsson
Sekera-Ceci
Russell-Benning/Davidson

I could get behind that. Although I do wonder why Ceci's game has fallen off the map in Ottawa.

Reactions: Showcor3

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
In what world has a player EVER returned a packagae of Faulk, Klefbom, a rising prospect in Bear and Benson, plus another 1st rounder and a 2nd. This proposal is STUPID.

Dont post that on the main boards please, that is so far lopsided in our favor .

Ok guys just take one of the picks from the Karlsson/Pageau trade and move it to the Simmonds deal. Everyone happy?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
We would be so dumb to trade Klefbom for Hoffman. Not even worth talking about IMO.

Guys like Bear, Jones, Benson and picks I'd look at. Yamo and Pulju not worth moving for Hoffman.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We would be so dumb to trade Klefbom for Hoffman. Not even worth talking about IMO.

Guys like Bear, Jones, Benson and picks I'd look at. Yamo and Pulju not worth moving for Hoffman.

Yamamoto may never get to Hoffman's level. I like Yamamoto although I don't like how he has responded to his demotion to the dub in terms of his stats. The thing is that Hoffman has an elite shot and would be a great fit for Drai because Drai would feed him on the backhand all day long.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Yamamoto may never get to Hoffman's level. I like Yamamoto although I don't like how he has responded to his demotion to the dub in terms of his stats. The thing is that Hoffman has an elite shot and would be a great fit for Drai because Drai would feed him on the backhand all day long.
With his skating and shot, especially from the point on the PP (we desperately need) he would be a perfect fit. I guess Yam you'd have to consider but I would way rather move our 1st round pick than him.

Hoffman could easily be a 40 goal guy with McDavid or Draisaitl here, no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad