Rumor: Rumours and proposals we are looking for a 3C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Eh, why? Even if he just costs a late pick he's not a long term solution. Keep the bullets in the chamber.
He's be a 2-3 year solution that is proven and could fit. The fact that you wouldn't even trade a late pick makes me believe you don't want this team to succeed and would rather see them fail

Maroon for a 5th or 6th would be a steal

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Oh boy, GM dismantle the team for spare parts and we have more holes now than we did in 2015? Better forget about how bad our GM is and just have some blind optimism for the future!

Right, because Hall so much to do with getting a 3c? If you want to go complain about go to the dedicated thread for it. So sick and tired of reading about this trade every f***in day, like holy f*** it happened get over it. Stop yelling at the clouds man, life goes on.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Right, because
1) RNH's 34 point, injury plagued season would be the only thing a GM would evaluate, not the 2x 56 point seasons right before that.
rumours were Oilers trying to get Seth Jones from Nashville for RNH and Poile laughed at Chiarelli.
why? RNH isn't that good compared to Johansson

2) it's impossible to add other picks/prospects into any potential trade, it has to be 1 for 1 (are you Peter Chiarelli?)
so you wanted to overpay more?

no one wanted our tainted players unless a huge overpay ie. Hall for Larsson

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hall as well.

No Hall at least showed he could drive a line had two PPG+ seasons and now has won a Hart trophy. He's lived up to his draft pedigree.

Nugent Hopkins is the most disappointing no.1 overall in 15th years if Yakupov hadn't stole that trophy away from him.

The worst thing is he stripped all creativity out of his game, he used to be a little like Datsyuk, now you never see that version of RNH barely.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
culture aids in CONSISTENTLY outscoring opponents.

Yeah the Oilers wouldn't have given up 226 more goals than they scored in the six years Hall was here if only they had the right culture. Do you even see how absurd that is?

space321

May 11, 2011
course not, but I'm not fawning over the good old days when Hallsy, Ebs, Nuge and Schultz were leading this team to....nowhere

I'm not either. I'm saying this team NEVER GAVE A CHANCE to the McDavid 1st line, Hall + Draisaitl 2nd line, RNH + whatever 3rd line model.

In McDavid's rookie season he missed almost 40 games and Klefbom missed 50+. We gave McDavid + Hall a total of like 40 games together, not to mention that was when McDavid was still a rookie, Draisaitl was also getting acclimated to the rigours of 82 games.

As long as there are idiots who still believe Hall's attitude problems were the reason the team was losing, and that cutting him loose benefitted this team, or that a Larsson calibre defenseman is the reason for our 16-17 success, then I'm willing to keep arguing otherwise.

If you don't want to hear it in a thread about finding a 3C, then don't bring it up yourself.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
when did I say both couldn't co-exist?

I'm laughing at these people who miss the days of "run and gun" hockey...like the Oilers from 2010-2016 were some sort of offensive juggernaught

they were terrible in all areas

LOL so true. I loved sucking. At least we won something for sucking ie. 1st Overalls in the Draft :sarcasm:

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
people forget how sh** this team was.... way worse than now WITH hall, ebs, connor, drai etc in 2015-16. then they'll go say o but klef was injured.... but then they'll turn around and say o but klef is terrible so whatever criticism he had of hall is not "legit"... hall is 1000x better than klef ..... lol, hall lovers have no idea... just changing narratives to protect him at all costs.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hall gets a bad rap about attitude and never being able to make the Oilers a winner...

How long before the same stories are applied to Draisatl and McDavid? The former is already a scapegoat with fans here.

space321

May 11, 2011
Right, because Hall so much to do with getting a 3c? If you want to go complain about go to the dedicated thread for it. So sick and tired of reading about this trade every ****in day, like holy **** it happened get over it. Stop yelling at the clouds man, life goes on.

Some idiot brought up Hall, not me. I can't help but debate on a forum designed for debating though. If you don't like reading about the major trade that shaped our team for worse, then don't go on discussion threads.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
He's be a 2-3 year solution that is proven and could fit. The fact that you wouldn't even trade a late pick makes me believe you don't want this team to succeed and would rather see them fail

Maroon for a 5th or 6th would be a steal

I would not count on that at all. he's 30 now and not exactly fleet of foot. He loses a step and he's done.

I mean if it's a 5th or 6th rounder (if we have one after the Spooner trade) whatever, I just don't see how he's anything but a stop gap at best.

space321

May 11, 2011
Hall gets a bad rap about attitude and never being able to make the Oilers a winner...

How long before the same stories are applied to Draisatl and McDavid? The former is already a scapegoat with fans here.

Or how about Larsson? He's part of the leadership group right? Or Lucic?

Too bad double standards are the norm around here.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I'm not either. I'm saying this team NEVER GAVE A CHANCE to the McDavid 1st line, Hall + Draisaitl 2nd line, RNH + whatever 3rd line model.

In McDavid's rookie season he missed almost 40 games and Klefbom missed 50+. We gave McDavid + Hall a total of like 40 games together, not to mention that was when McDavid was still a rookie, Draisaitl was also getting acclimated to the rigours of 82 games.

As long as there are idiots who still believe Hall's attitude problems were the reason the team was losing, and that cutting him loose benefitted this team, or that a Larsson calibre defenseman is the reason for our 16-17 success, then I'm willing to keep arguing otherwise.

If you don't want to hear it in a thread about finding a 3C, then don't bring it up yourself.
well I've never once said a peep about Hall's so-called "Attitude problems" cause I think it's bunk

and no, they never gave it a chance but the same people saying that now were the same people desperate for change in 2016

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah the Oilers wouldn't have given up 226 more goals than they scored in the six years Hall was here if only they had the right culture. Do you even see how absurd that is?

you don't simplify and separate these things into different categories. playing the right way is all encompassing and affects the team at the deepest level.

space321

May 11, 2011
people forget how sh** this team was.... way worse than now WITH hall, ebs, connor, drai etc in 2015-16. then they'll go say o but klef was injured.... but then they'll turn around and say o but klef is terrible so whatever criticism he had of hall is not "legit"... hall is 1000x better than klef ..... lol, hall lovers have no idea... just changing narratives to protect him at all costs.

Hahaha, imagine comparing Connor's 45 game rookie year to his PRIME years. Hahaha, you're the only one changing narratives whenever one of your arguments get rejected by raw player preformance stats.

space321

May 11, 2011
well I've never once said a peep about Hall's so-called "Attitude problems" cause I think it's bunk

and no, they never gave it a chance but the same people saying that now were the same people desperate for change in 2016

I can definitively say I was against Hall trade from day 1. So try again, don't lump us Hall-Larsson trade haters with brainless mob mentality idiots.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
you don't simplify and separate these things into different categories. playing the right way is all encompassing and affects the team at the deepest level.

Playing the right way is whatever results in scoring more goals than the other team.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Hahaha, imagine comparing Connor's 45 game rookie year to his PRIME years. Hahaha, you're the only one changing narratives whenever one of your arguments get rejected by raw player preformance stats.

no, clearly hall defenders were saying "o klef was a huuuuge loss that year"... then when klef bad mouths hall, they're like " ah klef sucks anyway... hall is 1000x better than klef so he has no right to say that". lol, that's idiotic.

still, if hall was that great the team should be nowhere near as horrendous as it was in 15-16 even if it was connor's rookie year. plus the record was not good when they were all in the lineup together. hall completely disappeared when they needed him most to step up for the second half push.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
rumours were Oilers trying to get Seth Jones from Nashville for RNH and Poile laughed at Chiarelli.
why? RNH isn't that good compared to Johansson

so you wanted to overpay more?

no one wanted our tainted players unless a huge overpay ie. Hall for Larsson
Johansen is a giant disappointment in comparison to what Nashville gave up. Guy hasn't even had a season of above 15 goals for the Predators while Nuge put up 22 in 60ish games last year. The guy gets to play with basically 4 Dmen capable of 40 plus points a year and he hasn't progressed at all.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
"Run N' Gun" hockey is the new NHL. Watch other teams play other than the Oilers, they are playing balls out and taking lots of risks, no lead is safe in this league anymore.

It's a much different brand of hockey from 10 years ago. The NHL always changes, no decade is ever the same as the previous one.

You have to be able to score now, you can't trap your way to wins or grind it out to 2-1 victories anymore. You try that now and you get caught on your heels and then end up losing 4-2 because the other team is not going to let up. And that's happened to the Oilers several times this year.

The game is all about scoring and speed now, you don't have that, you aren't competing in this league.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Playing the right way is whatever results in scoring more goals than the other team.

that's the kind of selfish thinking that persists in our society. "i've done my part so i don't have to take more responsibility to set good examples to help the team along". and that's assuming hall was that much of a net positive scorer. i don't believe it no matter what numbers you throw out there. i consider him to be a slight negative in that regards. sure better than a lot of the other oilers in that era but not as great and "outscorer" as you claim with the "stats".

space321

May 11, 2011
no, clearly hall defenders were saying "o klef was a huuuuge loss that year"... then when klef bad mouths hall, they're like " ah klef sucks anyway... hall is 1000x better than klef so he has no right to say that". lol, that's idiotic.

still, if hall was that great the team should be nowhere near as horrendous as it was in 15-16 even if it was connor's rookie year. plus the record was not good when they were all in the lineup together. hall completely disappeared when they needed him most to step up for the second half push.

You're right. Players disappear for 3 months and we MUST cut them loose right? No chance to allow them to rebound? No patience. Must have INSTANT GRATIFICATION. Must give up long term assets for short term success.

Time and time again we trade away players who have a bad year (Dubnyk, Jultz, Eberle) only for it to come and bite us in the ass. Yet you still think a 3 month period can define a player's entire tenure here.

Let me ask you what you think of Larsson's tenure in NJD? They missed the playoffs every year in which Larsson played full time. When will you get it through your thick skull that team success =/= player ability?

Wait, didn't Lucic also disappear last year? Why are people around here still praising him for simple things such as hits? He has scored 2 goals this calendar year yet more people will jump to defend Lucic than Hall.

space321

May 11, 2011
that's the kind of selfish thinking that persists in our society. "i've done my part so i don't have to take more responsibility to set good examples to help the team along". and that's assuming hall was that much of a net positive scorer. i don't believe it no matter what numbers you throw out there. i consider him to be a slight negative in that regards. sure better than a lot of the other oilers in that era but not as great and "outscorer" as you claim with the "stats".

L O L

I'm convinced you're a troll now. Good on you for never breaking character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad