Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Three Offersheets to the Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Hey Ken, you are the GM who has the biggest job to do this off season with respect to roster reconstruction. You may wanna get started.

Yes Iam impatient.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
The whole "Holland lets players develop" is so overblown. He's even said it himself. When you have Lidstrom, Federov, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and ridiculous depth yea you can keep players in the minors. When you have Dylan Larkin and nothing else you'll start seeing players like Rasmussen, Zadina, Cholowski in your lineup earlier than expected.
If we only have McDavid i could see that but we have a good core to build around just need to add a few players through free agency or trades to be competitive. Not contenders but competitive and if Holland can make a few good moves this offseason then there’s less need to have players who aren’t ready to play until there ready. This cycle of playing players to soon has to stop if we want to be a playoff team yr after yr in the future.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
An Opinion can be used as a fact when it is accurate and verifiable with evidence.

In this case ineptitude and actual turn of events has turned what was once opinions as facts...:laugh:

Oilers will Oil and some of these fans...will continue to slip and slide and be taken on that endless ride.
Like the word "Fact", you also seem to be having issues with the words"accurate", "verifiable", and "evidence". You're confusing them with "opinion" and "confused".

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Is it possible Holland is just playing this close to the chest? Nervous about goaltending though. Priority one.
Wonder if he mentioned Broberg to a bunch of people in confidence to see who he could trust and now is keeping his mouth shut after the media sceamed his plans.

Reactions: Pointteen

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Hey Ken, you are the GM who has the biggest job to do this off season with respect to roster reconstruction. You may wanna get started.

Yes Iam impatient.

Might want to adjust your expectations. I don’t think the team is going to change much going into next season.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I find it strange how it feels like...only 5 or 6 teams are doing anything. Makes me wonder if the rest are just deep in conversation.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Might want to adjust your expectations. I don’t think the team is going to change much going into next season.
Well according to Wayne Gretzky today on radio you only need 6-12 months to turn it around.

It's just not something Holland is known for.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Connolly scores goals consistently with whoever he plays with. Never got the minutes in Washington. Chiasson is nowhere near his goal scoring level and is a drag on teammates. The biggest risk with Connolly is can he produce at his goal scoring rates with more ice time.

I'm too lazy to dig it up but Connolly scores at an impressive rate 5v5.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
348iu0.jpg

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Like I said when Holland was hired, we’re now 2-3 years away from making the playoffs. He’s not known for making big moves/changes.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Is it possible Holland is just playing this close to the chest? Nervous about goaltending though. Priority one.

I doubt it. The Broberg stuff sprung a major leak weeks leading up to the draft so it appears that he isn't tight lipped.

Don't get your hopes up for much change, Holland is handcuffed so I expect the roster to be pretty similar going into the season. He'll sign a backup goalie and perhaps a middle 6 forward and 4th liner or two. Nibble around the edges and hope for the best until the cap crunch eases and the junk comes off the books. It might very well be a couple of years until the Oilers see the playoffs

Reactions: Pointteen

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Well according to Wayne Gretzky today on radio you only need 6-12 months to turn it around.

It's just not something Holland is known for.

Holland staying with status quo with a few minor tweaks is not enough to move this forward for next year. This team might get worse before things get better.

Will 97 see the light at the end of the tunnel ? If Connor was 19 and we bought in Holland I would be more positive about a 3 or 4 year turn around. Connor will be 23 midway through this season. Cant afford a 5 year plan here.

It appears to me that's what his plan is.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Just to add.

Connolly’s rank in the NHL in Goals Scored/60 5v5 last 3 years: (min 500 min played – all data from naturalstattrick.com)
18/19 – 1.28 – NHL Rank – 15th
17/18 – 0.83 – NHL Rank – 95th
16/17 – 1.26 – NHL Rank 13th

More on Connolly.
Last 3 years he’s played mostly with Eller on WSH’s 3rd line.
Here’s their 5v5 goal scoring rate/60 WOWY
18/19
Together 3.3
Connolly Apart 3.8
Eller Apart 1.6
17/18
Together 2.1
Connolly Apart 4.0
Eller Apart 2.0
16/17
Together 3.2
Connolly Apart 2.4
Eller Apart 1.6

This is credit to Woodguy on Lowetide's blog. I don' think he is as risky as people think.

Reactions: guymez

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I know the Oilers are going to overpay some UFA forward to play in the top 6 so for me it might as well be Nyquist. Easily the best option outside of guys like Zuccarello, Duchene etc..

They can't afford Nyquist. I don't even know if they can afford Connolly which will be for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad