Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Three Offersheets to the Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Within 2 years both guys are in the NHL making contributions. Defensemen take longer to adjust to the NHL. Are we going to pretend that this is not a fact ? Or take a dman from Europe who's head for the game through scouting reports is about average and then throw that into equation versus 2 guys who's scouting reports show all types of hockey IQ who can play wing.

Just saying.
Holland watched more of the USNDP games than any GM in the league personally. With that he found they weren't worth picking top 8 and Broberg was a better guy. There was also worry that a bunch of those guys were good by association.

And no, there is no guarentee that ever make the NHL let alone 2 years.

Reactions: North and nabob

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
for me sign whoever (Chiasson or connolly or both) does the shortest cheapest deal. Done. Preferably a 2 year deal under 3m for connolly and 2m for Chiasson. Again nothing long term please

I generally agree... although I'd go Chiasson again because he can likely be signed for cheaper AND we already know what he can do in Edmonton seeing as he's played here a year and has been decent whereas whenever a new player comes in it's always a wait and see approach... and often they are complete duds.

2 million would be a reasonable deal for Chiasson.

I expect both players would score ~15 goals and likely wouldn't count on them for 20 goals again.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I know the Oilers are going to overpay some UFA forward to play in the top 6 so for me it might as well be Nyquist. Easily the best option outside of guys like Zuccarello, Duchene etc..

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I know the Oilers are going to overpay some UFA forward to play in the top 6 so for me it might as well be Nyquist. Easily the best option outside of guys like Zuccarello, Duchene etc..

I think going after Nyquist may well be Holland's plan. Its gonna cost money and likely means Russell is gone.

Holland has paid for "veteran help" before.

Market is gonna be nutty, wouldn't be surprised if we are looking at 7 per for Nyquist.

Last edited:

North

Jun 25, 2009
Within 2 years both guys are in the NHL making contributions. Defensemen take longer to adjust to the NHL. Are we going to pretend that this is not a fact ? Or take a dman from Europe who's head for the game through scouting reports is about average and then throw that into equation versus 2 guys who's scouting reports show all types of hockey IQ who can play wing.

Just saying.

None of us have a crystal ball.

All you are providing are opinions, which is fine, but they aren’t facts.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

Appears it's going to be Connolly at this point.

Weird part is....Chiarelli went HARD for Connolly two years ago, he chose Capitals over Oilers.

Same target here.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Appears it's going to be Connolly at this point.

I think Holland will offer Nyquist big money.

It fits his MO of paying big for veteran help and he drafted and developed Nyquist so theres a trust level there.

But I think its gonna be like 7 mill per. They will have to dump Russell.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I think Holland will offer Nyquist big money.

It fits his MO of paying big for veteran help and he drafted and developed Nyquist so theres a trust level there.

But I think its gonna be like 7 mill per. They will have to dump Russell.

That would be ludicrous. Nyquist is a 40-50 point player

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think going after Nyquist may well be Holland's plan. Its gonna cost money and likely means Russell is gone.

Holland has paid for "veteran help" before.

Market is gonna be nutty, wouldn't be surprised if we are looking at 7 per for Nyquist.
Except Holland straight up said he isn't going after the big guys who sign July 1st.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That would be ludicrous. Nyquist is a 40-50 point player

This summer is gonna be eye popping for money paid. 6 mill is what Lucic got 3 years ago and the cap inflation will take 50 point players into the 7 mill range.

Big money is going to be 10+ mill for the Panarins and Duchenes.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Duchene and Panarin and Bob are the big ticket guys at 10 per plus.
If a guy is signing for 7 mill like you suggest, that's them too. He didn't even say big ticket. He said guys who go July 1st. He is looking at the lesser guys in free agency that usually get signed the second day. That's not a 7 mill dollar player.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
I find it funny People saying Broberg was the wrong pick because we should have picked a winger to play with McDavid. It didn’t matter what winger we picked he very likely wasn’t going to play with the team this season. Holland likes to let his players develop in the minors before playing in the nhl. Any wingers he finds to play on the team this yr will be found through free agency and trades. How about we give Holland some time to actually maybe make a deal that is in our favour instead of rushing a trade and losing it just for the sake of making a trade.

Reactions: Sask97

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I saw some reports of Ben Chiarot wanting 3-3.5M a year?

If that was the case, Jets should just swap Perreault for Russell and get their LHD that way.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I find it funny People saying Broberg was the wrong pick because we should have picked a winger to play with McDavid. It didn’t matter what winger we picked he very likely wasn’t going to play with the team this season. Holland likes to let his players develop in the minors before playing in the nhl. Any wingers he finds to play on the team this yr will be found through free agency and trades. How about we give Holland some time to actually maybe make a deal that is in our favour instead of rushing a trade and losing it just for the sake of making a trade.
The whole "Holland lets players develop" is so overblown. He's even said it himself. When you have Lidstrom, Federov, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and ridiculous depth yea you can keep players in the minors. When you have Dylan Larkin and nothing else you'll start seeing players like Rasmussen, Zadina, Cholowski in your lineup earlier than expected.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The whole "Holland lets players develop" is so overblown. He's even said it himself. When you have Lidstrom, Federov, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and ridiculous depth yea you can keep players in the minors. When you have Dylan Larkin and nothing else you'll start seeing players like Rasmussen, Zadina, Cholowski in your lineup earlier than expected.
Came here to post this.

He brings players up to the NHL when they're ready. He doesn't just keep them in the AHL to over-ripen.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Chicago getting de Haan + Maatta actually sucks for one reason.

Felt like they'd be an option for Russell or Sekera - and I had a lot of interest in Saad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad