Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: This is the Sound of Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Larsson has been BAD this year for a guy that can't move the puck and specializes in defense, he gets turnstiled quite a few times every game.

We should try and add to him and get an upgrade this summer.

Could Pietrangelo maybe shake loose? Subban? Call me crazy but would LA move on from Doughty if we gave them something around our 1st + Larsson? Maybe we set up a 3 way trade where Trouba and Larsson go to Florida, we get Ekblad, and Winnipeg gets Borgstrom +.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Larsson has been BAD this year for a guy that can't move the puck and specializes in defense, he gets turnstiles quite a few times every game.

Could Pietrangelo maybe shake loose? Subban? Call me crazy but would LA move on from Doughty if we gave them something around our 1st + Larsson? Maybe we set up a 3 way trade where Trouba and Larsson go to Florida, we get Ekblad, and Winnipeg gets Borgstrom +.
I do wonder if he's banged up, which I'd then just ask why not shut him down for the year?

He is a guy that isn't built for today's game and if he can't defend he's useless. Something they'll have to explore this off-season.

Reactions: 780il

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Larsson has been BAD this year for a guy that can't move the puck and specializes in defense, he gets turnstiles quite a few times every game.

3 team trade:

To EDM: Ekblad

To Fla: Trouba + Larsson

To Wpg: Borgstrom + Pulju/Yamo + Bear + EDM 2019 2nd

Edmonton upgrades Larsson to Ekblad who is younger, a 2 way stud that can move the puck and still has potential. Florida gives up Ekblad and their best prospect but get back 1 top pair dman to replace Ekblad and Larsson to play on the 2nd pair where they had a gaping hole. Now their team is much more well rounded. Winnipeg knows Trouba isn't signing long term so they get their Finnish 2c solution along with some good prospects and sign Myers in UFA.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Seth Jones

It'll take more than Larsson

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Seth Jones

It'll take more than Larsson

Seth Jones would have to demand a trade for them to be willing to trade him here. Only shot is that Caleb convinces him somehow. The asking price would be huge but the Oilers just might have enough. All depends on their postseason , if their is one. Adding Jones would probably be enough by himself to make the Oilers a playoff team.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Seth Jones would have to demand a trade for them to be willing to trade him here. Only shot is that Caleb convinces him somehow. The asking price would be huge but the Oilers just might have enough. All depends on their postseason , if their is one. Adding Jones would probably be enough by himself to make the Oilers a playoff team.
Idk.. Adding Jones but having to subtract Leon to get him...

Doesn't leave us in a much better spot. 2 superstuds on a shit team and we've come full circle.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Idk.. Adding Jones but having to subtract Leon to get him...

Doesn't leave us in a much better spot. 2 superstuds on a **** team and we've come full circle.

Like I said, only way he gets traded is he demands a trade to the Oilers. There is no way they trade him just cause and the Oilers would not move Drai. Probably about a 1% chance they move him even if he demands a trade.

Only way is they move him to the Oilers is a perfect storm. They would have to want to rebuild after losing all their best players and him demanding a trade. That’s the only route and the Oilers would probably have enough pieces to do it.

Reactions: 780il and McCanovin

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I think Nuge + Larsson for S. Jones probably gets it done (especially if Duchene doesn't sign), but that's a dear price to pay on our end.

Maybe futures like JP + Bouchard + 1st. (Even that may not be enough lol)

IF Bouchard was to be used in a trade for a D... Jones is probably the only RD I'd do it for.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I think Nuge + Larsson for S. Jones probably gets it done (especially if Duchene doesn't sign), but that's a dear price to pay on our end.

IF Bouchard was to be used in a trade for a D... Jones is probably the only RD I'd do it for.

Yeah.... no it doesn't. Not even close.

The ask for Jones starts with Draisaitl and I'm not sure it's Columbus that would be adding, honestly.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015

If he demanded a trade I could see Nuge, Bouchard and picks being enough. I don’t know if it would be the first too but I still think that’s enough.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think you go a different direction with this potential Jones trade

To CLB: Larsson, Nurse, Puljujarvi, Lucic, 2019 1st and 2nd (2020)

To EDM: Jones, Murray and Foligno

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

That isn't even close tbh

This is even worse. Take Lucic and Murray/Foligno out and Jones is still worth a hell of a lot more than all that

Reactions: smokersarejokers

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I think people here vastly understating how freaking good Seth Jones is and how much it'd take to get him.

It would start with Draisaitl and we'd probably be the ones adding.

So, in other words --> it's not happening.

Reactions: smokersarejokers

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Yeah.... no it doesn't. Not even close.

The ask for Jones starts with Draisaitl and I'm not sure it's Columbus that would be adding, honestly.

I don't agree that we'd have to add if we proposed Draisaitl for Jones 1 for 1 imo.

But yeah. Acquiring Jones is a pipe dream. The cost would be so much that to pay it, it would hurt us too much in other areas where it probably isn't worth it.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Yeah, Columbus isn't trading Jones. It might not take Drai, but it would be close to that ask, and rightly so.

If there is any chance of the brothers playing together, it would be a LOT more likely for our Jones to be moving to Columbus, rather than the other way around.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think people here vastly understating how freaking good Seth Jones is and how much it'd take to get him.

It would start with Draisaitl and we'd probably be the ones adding.

So, in other words --> it's not happening.

I actually don't think it would take Drai, as Drai is on a better contract long term and is probably just as valuable in terms of impact. But who knows, it would certainly be in that ball park. Jones is a minute-munching, 40-50 points/season, right shot dman, who is only 24 years old, and on a VERY friendly contract cap-wise at $5.4. The only potential problem would be that he only has 3 more years until he is UFA. Jones would be viewed as one of the most valuable dmen in the entire league I would guess, when you take it all into consideration.

Yes, adding Jones without moving anything off this team would instantaneously make us a playoff team. Too bad there isn't a way to do that, lol

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I don't think that even gets you in the conversation. Larsson, Nurse, Pulj and the 2019 1st might get you there. Maybe. But I'm not sure why Columbus makes that trade at all. I know I wouldn't if I was Columbus.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

If Columbus was wanting to "blow it up" (no playoffs, or early exit, and none of their UFAs want to resign), then maybe something like Bouchard + 2019 1st rounder + Pulj starts the conversation. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad