Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: This is the Sound of Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Leafs fans jump on Brown for making a lot of bad plays lately. If all it took was Kassian, fine, but he might not be a solution at wing and may even be a lateral move if he doesn't go back to being a 20 goal scorer.
I don't get why Toronto does this. Not like they save money on the deal. Seems like if they are moving him they either need a d-man or go for picks/prospects
Has a Kovalchuk for Lucic swap ever been discussed. LA doesn’t seem to be liking the Kovalchuk experiment, with them not taking him along on this road trip, demoting him to bottom 6 duties despite him being the top scorer on their team earlier in the year. So they have this team cancer lockerrd up for another 2 years, is it, at 6.75M? Meanwhile, they had Lucic, they liked Lucic, and Lucic like the team and the city, seems like it could be a fit there.

I wonder if there is a deal that ends up with us flipping Kovalchuk somewhere else. Assuming we probably have to retain money somewhere in the deal, if not on both guys.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Well I mean Kovalchuk could either take a trade, play wing with the best player in the league, and salvage his career and legacy, or he could continue being an outcast on a team that doesn’t want him and fade into obscurity

Kovalchuk picked his spots for a reason. He could have made similar money in the KHL, and salvaging his career isn't really going to be a priority for a man like that when he's guaranteed salary. If legacy were a factor, he wouldn't have walked on the Devils.

Even if that weren't true, he can't skate and that's the opposite of the Oilers needs at forward. The Oilers would be better off finding a home for Lucic with massive salary retention and draft pick incentives than they are bringing in a 35+ contract for a player like that.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The bad news for Matt Benning is he took a puck to the face against the Kings. The good news is that his play as of late has been pretty damn good. I chatted with a Western Conference scout on Tuesday who suggested that Benning’s play over the last month has certainly increased his trade value heading into the off-season.

Have been told by someone very close to the Oilers that certain members of the staff don’t think very highly of University Hockey here in Canada. It’s not the end of the world but it is frustrating when you have the best program in the history of Canadian University hockey right here in your backyard and for lack of a better term you don’t respect it. In addition to Luke Philp signing with the Flames, the Bears also sent a defenseman to the KHL and a goalie to the American League in the past ten days.

Ten Little Tidbits

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Thoughts on Ebs coming back for about 3ish million for 3 years?

Would look good on Nuge's wing and gives us a right handed look on the PP
Gambardella is looking very good on RNH wing. Just needs to pot one to get it going. As well being good defensively.

No to Ebs.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If Adam Fox goes to unrestricted free agency next year like it is being reported, should we be going hard after him?
How hard?
Probably the same as any prospect that we like.

I am curious what his end game is. Sign in the New York area?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
This is fr9m the guy who says Hall to Edmonton

Like some mentioned, you have to wonder if Stauffer is his source. Lol

Yesterday on Oilers now, Spector asked if KG was running the draft table, if there would be transactions .

Stauffer responds with depends on how things work with players on expiring contracts.

Probably alluding to Hall

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Like some mentioned, you have to wonder if Stauffer is his source. Lol

Yesterday on Oilers now, Spector asked if KG was running the draft table, if there would be transactions .

Stauffer responds with depends on how things work with players on expiring contracts.

Probably alluding to Hall
Hall still has a year left on his deal. Not sure why there is talks about him.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Hall still has a year left on his deal. Not sure why there is talks about him.

Because that seems to be the point? If NJ can't extend him, why lose for nothing?

For all we know, maybe he just doesn't want to be in NJ .Who knows

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
If they're willing to waive, definitely. We'd probably have to add a 3rd though.

Do that, and then trade 2nd for Tierney, and our team looks quite a bit better.

Kassian - McDavid - Draisaitl
Chiasson - Nuge - Kovalchuk
Khaira - Tierney - Puljujarvi
Gambardella - Gagner - Currie
Gross

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Would be great to have Hall back, but if Lucic is going the other way I would be pretty worried about what the add from Edm's side is.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Would be great to have Hall back, but if Lucic is going the other way I would be pretty worried about what the add from Edm's side is.
It'll take a recreation of this with Hall and Katz for Hall to sign with the Oilers

Reactions: LaGu

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Our entire top 6 D is signed for next year... Surely we can convince a team to take Russell or Larsson off our hands?

I get that Larsson is struggling at times but if they can ever find another RHD that can play in the top 4 and take some of his ice time I think he’ll be fine. Russell is the guy to move IMO.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I get that Larsson is struggling at times but if they can ever find another RHD that can play in the top 4 and take some of his ice time I think he’ll be fine. Russell is the guy to move IMO.
If they can push Larsson down the lineup that would be ideal but man his decline has been sharp. Awful most nights this year.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Because that seems to be the point? If NJ can't extend him, why lose for nothing?

For all we know, maybe he just doesn't want to be in NJ .Who knows
Maybe he doesn't like the direction of NJ, but he's made it pretty clear that he likes the lack of media attention. Not sure he comes back here.

Don't really see him hanging out with McDavid a lot in the off season either so I don't know that they are bffs

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
If they can push Larsson down the lineup that would be ideal but man his decline has been sharp. Awful most nights this year.

Yeah I haven’t spent much time watching the gong show lately but your concerns about Larsson are echoed by lots of media and other fans. He’s obviously struggling from what I’m hearing which is too bad, I hope he can turn it around.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If there has been one constant this season with Stauffer, it's been his non stop plugging of Hall lol
Stauffer was also the one that said Hall being dealt was a decision made before PC came in.

So while you can play that card that maybe PC didn't like him. It's quite apparent that the left over bozos don't either.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yeah I haven’t spent much time watching the gong show lately but your concerns about Larsson are echoed by lots of media and other fans. He’s obviously struggling from what I’m hearing which is too bad, I hope he can turn it around.
The thing that's really troublesome is that it's difficult to pinpoint what's wrong with him. Is it injury related? Is he still mourning the death of his father?

I like the guy a lot and he was a beast the one year, but man it's hard to ignore how much he's fallen since then.

Reactions: Faelko and 780il
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->