Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: This is the Sound of Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Here is where this insider crap is bull **** because this would be tampering and a massive massive kick to the Oilers head. Loss of a first round draft pick and a 7 figure fine just for starters.

FWIW, Stauffer has been throwing out a lot of Hall "returning" notes throughout the season.

Started with Oilers would try to secure his services via UFA to more recently, securing his services "sooner"

If anything out of that thread I hope comes true, it's the Lucic gone part. God he needs to go ASAP

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
FWIW, Stauffer has been throwing out a lot of Hall "returning" notes throughout the season.

Started with Oilers would try to secure his services via UFA to more recently, securing his services "sooner"

If anything out of that thread I hope comes true, it's the Lucic gone part. God he needs to go ASAP

Stauff is a paid schill with 0 credibility;)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

When I read BLH tweets I couldn’t help but thinking his source was Stauffer. Sounds just like him other than this one about Koskinen

Spec was taking Stauffer to task about Koskinen and they argued this very point. Spec said exactly these words but Stauffer pushed back.

But reading BLH his source talks exactly like Stauffer does on air.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
All this getting Hall back crap is starting to sound like the old Leaf fan base, who had nearly every star from the GTA headed their way at one point or another.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

North

Jun 25, 2009
Think we could have still with the LTIR. Actually, I think having Gagner earlier would have tied Chia's hands from being able to get Manning and Petrovic, hehe. Then do the same thing to make the room for Sek, trading Talbot.

Like Gagner as a 4th liner and winger higher up the lineup. But, Strome is definitely a move useful hockey player at this point of their careers. Hitch would have liked him. Shame we did that trade before the coaching change. hitch has been begging for a reliable 3rd C option his entire time here.

He was defensively reliable but was shit offensively. As people pointed out, even in a top 6 role in New York, Strome's production is actually not that good. As a second liner, he's producing like a third liner.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Gagner on waivers would have been worse for the Oilers than Gagner for Spooner/Strome because of the money involved. The Oilers did not acquire Gagner because they love Gagner, they did it because Spooner was useless (and Strome before him) and needed to take money to move that money.

Strome at 3C generated no offense. Almost legitimately none. At wing in the top-six, as he has been playing in New York, he generates the same mediocre 30 point pace he did on the Island and here last season. The only good argument for keeping him IMO is that his buyout is more favorable than Gagner's.

Of ALL the things to harp on where the Oilers are concerned, Ryan Strome is not on the list IMO. He's a mediocre player that was not part of any solution for the Oilers.

And our current 3rd line centre has 2 goals and 1 assist in 26 games. That's a downgrade.

Strome was never tried with McDavid and don't recall ever with Drai.

He was given Lucic, cajullia and Jp mostly.

The guy was a positive player with terrible wingers. I like Gagner but he make Strome look like Taylor Hall speed wise

North

Jun 25, 2009
And our current 3rd line centre has 2 goals and 1 assist in 26 games. That's a downgrade.

Strome was never tried with McDavid and don't recall ever with Drai.

He was given Lucic, cajullia and Jp mostly.

The guy was a positive player with terrible wingers. I like Gagner but he make Strome look like Taylor Hall speed wise

Nope. Strome is slow af just like Gagner. Gagner is more skilled than Strome and has better hockey IQ.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
While I don't believe this source, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Taylor wanted to come back. Especially if he and Connor are still close.

The people that shoved Taylor out are gone. I think he's always wanted to be here and win here. If they team takes the right steps in the next 12+ months leading into his free agency I could see it happening.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Gagner on waivers would have been worse for the Oilers than Gagner for Spooner/Strome because of the money involved. The Oilers did not acquire Gagner because they love Gagner, they did it because Spooner was useless (and Strome before him) and needed to take money to move that money.

Strome at 3C generated no offense. Almost legitimately none. At wing in the top-six, as he has been playing in New York, he generates the same mediocre 30 point pace he did on the Island and here last season. The only good argument for keeping him IMO is that his buyout is more favorable than Gagner's.

Of ALL the things to harp on where the Oilers are concerned, Ryan Strome is not on the list IMO. He's a mediocre player that was not part of any solution for the Oilers.

Strome has 14 goals. Reider has 0

We would be in the playoffs with 14 more goals:nod::skeptic::thumbu:;)

wokwithme

Dec 8, 2017
So let's say that we bring him back and he is a head case. Who keeps him in check? Connor? Nurse? Drai?

His on ice contributions would be huge when he's healthy, there's no denying that.

for the sake of conversation... Hall was not great with McD BUT Hall and Drais were a dynamo with some serious moments were you question telepathy. Not too sure if they like eachother...but on the ice they had chemistry for days. Hall has had his ups but really has still not seen true success or moved the meter. I dont believe the headcase thing. I dont see any reason he could look at his career and think much of it to this point.

All that being said... Players primes are earlier than ever before. hitting is way down but they are using alot of gas early in their careers and the pace isnt going to slow down any time soon. that also being said...you got only so many years left with connor.

its a problem for the next GM. hes got many to deal with.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I have my doubts about those tweets, but if they're even partly true, 10M in Lucic and a defenseman means it's either Lucic + Larsson or Lucic + Russell.

Maybe it's Lucic + Larsson for Hall LMAO

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He was defensively reliable but was **** offensively. As people pointed out, even in a top 6 role in New York, Strome's production is actually not that good. As a second liner, he's producing like a third liner.

I think the defensive part being lost really messed us up in that time when Hitch took over, replacing Strome with a nothing player in Spooner. Hitch was so screwed when he finally realized how bad our winger depth was and it was just impossible to put McDavid/Drai/Nuge of their own lines, but when he put them on 2 lines he was stuck with a 3rd and 4th line that were just bleeding chances against and could barely be played at all, forcing us to run McDavid/Drai into the ground more than we ever have before. Would have helped a lot to have Strome in that period. And if we were able to just add Gagner to that, instead of getting those turds Manning and Petrovic, we would have been way better off.

Oh well though, very unlikely it would have saved this season.

Reactions: Cypress

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
What do you think Shane Starrett's future is with the Oilers and how long until he becomes a regular on the Oilers?

Asking for a fantasy hockey junkie lol

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Hmmm, thought McDavid and Hall had a longer look together. Not much time given there.

fQXlwy0.png

space321

May 11, 2011
Hmmm, thought McDavid and Hall had a longer look together. Not much time given there.

fQXlwy0.png

What's the time range on those stats? Just the entire 2015-2016 season?

If I remember correctly they literally only played like 4 games on the same line. Back when Hall got traded people kept going on and on about how Hall didn't fit the team because he had no chemistry with McDavid (amongst other excuses). Good times.

Reactions: Skar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->